View Diary: Friedai Critters (217 comments)

•  I do think that it is concentrated here. (5+ / 0-)

However, I have decided not to let the bastids win.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Same goes with cats. We have claws and teeth!

by triciawyse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 02:34:33 PM PDT

•  There ya go girlfriend! (I'm back from SLC!) (5+ / 0-)

We can't let the bastids win, cus then we lose. I swear the hyperbole and rending of garments and gnashing of teeth is getting sooooo old. I've openly called it CT. Not all, but much of it at least borders on it.

There was a day when some of this stuff would have been grounds for instant BOJO, again not all of it. I can have a disagreement with someone or even agree on a point without the need to call our President everything but human. I'm fucking sick of it.

That's why I've started moving in on it more. I want to find those people who are reasonable, agree or not and find those who just flame and engage them. They have hogged the mic and get the light because we let them. We have to start to reclaim the ground we all can stand on.

I'm sick of the little groups and I know you are too, but we have each other and all these wonderful people who make this place livable. Love ♥ hu

"Humidity built the snowman. Sunshine brought him down" John Prine

by high uintas on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 04:49:37 PM PDT

•  Honey, I got so pissed off last night that I said (3+ / 0-)
        high uintas, Smoh, swampyankee

in that particular diary that if the diarist was saying that POTUS ate babies and that the Administration were full of aliens that the person in question would be at the top of the diary calling for sainthood for the diarist, but because the diarist was stating that the problem wasn't POTUS, but was the federal law, suddenly this person was the sudden keeper of keys and grounds and the diarist needed to reveal his/her own personal identity to "PROVE IT".

by triciawyse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 05:07:33 PM PDT

•  Suddenly, I am the mean girl who is (3+ / 0-)
        high uintas, Smoh, swampyankee

lashing out for no reason.

by triciawyse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 05:08:25 PM PDT

•  I know what you mean (3+ / 0-)
          triciawyse, Smoh, swampyankee

No matter how you phrase your comment it is immediately bombarded with accusation and insults. I figure that you might as well go all in cus it's going to be the same whether you're polite or a royal bitch.

I got into a small one last night with an interpretation of something I wrote. I probably would have fought it further but after reading I realized that one could read what they wanted into what I wrote and even tho I told them that wasn't what I meant it would do no good.

Sometimes you have to choose your battles.

After I posted that I was back I saw kos' "rules" diary and went to read it. I want to make sure that I stay on the right side of the law when I fight here, but I know I will be fighting. The cause is too important.

Pres. Obama will never run again, I respect him and like him as a President but what worries me is all those people who claim that there is no use in voting Democratic. It's like they are purposely trying to depress the vote.

Thank FSM that we are a relatively small pond in this country and they can't influence too many people, still it is important that we pull together in the coming elections, IMO.

"Humidity built the snowman. Sunshine brought him down" John Prine

by high uintas on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 06:18:29 PM PDT

•  Yep, I agree completely and I will keep (3+ / 0-)
            Smoh, high uintas, swampyankee

fighting as best as I can for as long as I can. I just was feeling really mentally exhausted today and really tired of how some people can get away with anything, but anyone who doesn't hate POTUS is automatically the enemy and suspect to attack at any time.

by triciawyse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 06:24:43 PM PDT