View Diary: Republican governor hires crazy person, which I admit is not really a new thing at this point (108 comments)

•  Is it wrong that I breathed a sigh of relief (13+ / 0-)

when I realized that this diary was NOT about North Carolina (for once)?  Some of our governor's hiring practices have come under scrutiny recently... or more accurately, the hiring practices he ... uh... endorsed? Allowed?  Exactly what would you call that anyway?

I'll believe corporations are people when one comes home from Afghanistan in a body bag.

by mojo11 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 01:59:18 PM PDT

•  You and me both. (1+ / 0-)
      Stwriley

In the time it took Adam Lanza to reload, eleven children escaped. What if...

by Sixty Something on Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 06:00:52 PM PDT

•  That's only because... (0+ / 0-)

you don't have the misfortune to live here under the rule of Corbett. Believe me, if you visited some parts of Pennsyltucky, you'd long to get back to rural North Carolina.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory, tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. Sun Tzu The Art of War

by Stwriley on Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 06:45:04 PM PDT

•  A lot of them are the wannabe wealthy (3+ / 0-)
        Stwriley, doinaheckuvanutjob, buffie

trying to hold on to what little they have.  They fall prey to the propaganda of the right that their economic problems are all the fault of the poor and brown people.  This tea party nut lives in Bucks Co., which is pretty expensive for Pennsylvania.  Her father was Brazilian military and the family moved here so he could attend classes (probably the War College).  The Brazilian military ran Brazil when she was a kid.  It's not surprising she's a tea bagger and doesn't mind fascists.

•  My mother is from Clearfield (1+ / 0-)
        Stwriley

so I'm vaguely familiar with how it used to be.  Haven't been there in ... I can't remember how long, but she still has cousins in the area so we get some news from there.  Very grim economic picture; has been for a long time.

by mojo11 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 04:39:25 AM PDT

•  A very good friend on mine... (0+ / 0-)

is originally from Perry county ("deepest Pennsyltucky", as he's fond of saying) and still has family there. It's another world.

by Stwriley on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 09:01:41 AM PDT

•  Actually, if you lived in ANY part of Pennsylbama (0+ / 0-)

you'd long for... okay maybe not rural N.Carolina.  Maybe you'd long for fast Eddie Rendell anyway. Corpatist third wayer that he is, he still was a way better steward of our state than Corbett.  Gah!  What a nightmare he is!  Just hope we have enough sense as a state to replace him with a good Dem.

"The next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please, pay attention." Molly Ivins

by janmtairy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 at 07:33:06 PM PDT