View Diary: Secret FISA Court ruling: NSA illegally collected tens of thousands of domestic communications (385 comments)

•  Read the whole thread (4+ / 0-)
    LaEscapee, TheMomCat, caul, Kombema

Reggid has been caught dead to rights using a sockpuppet - that is the basis of the HR. His sock has already been bojo'd.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived, and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. --John F. Kennedy

by CenPhx on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 09:22:38 PM PDT

•  and the prufs? (0+ / 0-)

annoying as he is it seems odd he isn't bojo'd, which suggests A.....he is possessor of two computers or some software which can't be linked together,...

or

2..... there was an imposter doing this to imitate Reggid for fun and profit...anybody really know yet?

anybody have the seekrit search to find recently bojo'd users?

I mean, here is Riggid shakin his ass at us, so......that seems to be some pruf of something....

This machine kills Fascists.

by KenBee on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 09:42:13 PM PDT

•  Except that... (7+ / 0-)

If you go up to the top of the subthread, Reggid made a comment, someone responded to him, then the sock (j something or other) responded by saying "you Greenwaldians are smearing ME again." Except that new user has never made a comment before. It was clear that Reggid was replying on his own behalf but forgot he was in the wrong account. Read the back-and-forth. it's fairly obvious. Additionally the only ratings the new user had given out were in Reggid's tip jars.

by CenPhx on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 09:52:46 PM PDT

•  Ever consider sb might be framing him? (1+ / 0-)
          Reggid

Seems too sloppy.

I'm going to uprate this parent for now. It seems that admin has some pretty fancy technical capabilities these days that will take appropriate action is this is indeed sock puppetry. Until then, these HRs are just vigilante justice based on circumstantial evidence.

•  Oh come on (6+ / 0-)

Somebody got a sockpuppet, risking being banned, studied Reggid's style to be able to mimic him perfectly, followed him around, waiting for Reggid to comment and someone to argue with him, then jumped in to write a comment in Reggid's voice, taking the chance that Reggid might be responding at the exact same time, because we know that Reggid almost always answers every comment that is made to him, and Reggid, seeing that this person commented as if it were him, didn't jump in and say "hey that's not me! who are you and why are you writing on my behalf?"

Sure. Right. We are supposed to be reality based here. Face it, Reggid was using a sock puppet and got caught.

by CenPhx on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 10:11:54 PM PDT

•  It wouldnt require as much time and effort as you (1+ / 0-)
              Reggid

make it sound. Or, let's say, not much additional time and effort. Many people are familiar with Reggid and aware of his presence, and there must be any number of members or lurkers that could've pulled this off.

This just seems too obvious, too sloppy. The recs and tips history of the user threw up a red flag for me. Seems like an unnecessary risk to take if it was indeed a Reggid sock puppet, without much reward. Reggid doesn't need the mojo, nor his ego padded.

For now, I find it just as plausible that sb posed as an obvious sock puppet in order to get Reggid banned, or in the very least embarrass him.

I'll let admin sort it out and I'm open to being wrong about my reservations. I'm about as tech-illiterate as they come...help me out, the site should be able to detect whether these two accounts originate from the same IP address, or somethin'?

And you know, it's funny you mention the reality-based community. As is the case with the NSA story, we've got some people racing to conclusions, and others preferring to withhold judgment until other aspects come into focus.

•  I'm with you as far as admin goes (4+ / 0-)
                Moravan, TheMomCat, JesseCW, Kombema

They should be able to sort it out, I would think. I know at least one person in the thread said they reported it admin, even if Reggid didn't, so the people who get paid to and understand the tech stuff will figure it out. As it should be. Have a good night!

by CenPhx on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 10:49:10 PM PDT

•  Well, considering I was warned on Monday (1+ / 0-)
              nogo postal

. . . by several other posters that all of the usual Greenwald fans were "gunning for me" to try to get me banned, it came as no surprise to me -- or to the admins, since I advised them in advance -- when all of you did your usual abusive HR pile-on act to try to get me auto-banned.

So, since your plan to have me auto-banned failed, it's obvious to me, just as it has now been reported to multiple admins, that the Greenwald fans are actually stooping to trying to get me banned any way they can.  And frankly, I find it hard to believe that you and your pals don't know exactly what's happening, given how conveniently on top of this "sockpuppet" you seem to be.

So, congrats -- I've sent this thread, and your usernames, to the same admins with whom I've previously discussed the HR abuse.  I trust them to make an informed decision.

•  You have gone way off into deep deep CT (2+ / 0-)
                TheMomCat, JesseCW

Like WAY way CT. I am part of some shadow conspiracy to autoban you, when there is no such thing anymore? And  what about that hide rate I removed? Kinda defeats the whole out-to-get-you thing. You might want to check your hide rates and see how many have been from me. Not many. So the evidence seems to be awfully thin on your conspiracy theory there, Reggid.

So stop trying to deflect attention from your blatant sockpuppetry by casting aspersions on me. It's obvious and pathetic. Hopefully you really did contact admin, because yes, they definitely need to address this.

by CenPhx on Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58:30 PM PDT

•  Yes. (0+ / 0-)

Search/Users/By Activity: Last Commented/Between seven days ago and now. Sort the result by mojo twice and there you have it.

•  Oh, bullshit. I have used one name & only one name (1+ / 0-)
      Hey338Too

You've tried getting me banned before with your bullshit group HR pile-ons.  You think I didn't notice?  You think other posters didn't notice?  You think the admins didn't notice?  That didn't work -- hopefully at least in part because I reached out to the admins in advance to advise them what you were up to, and now it's obvious you're resorting to some other bullshit tactic to try to get me banned.

So, yes -- I'm actually pretty sure the admins WILL be interested in what you're doing.  I don't pretend to know Kos, but I do know that the one thing he hates is people trying to stifle debate.

•  That sockpuppet's date of creation is (3+ / 0-)
      Reggid, Moravan, mikidee

today, Aug 21, and its very first and only comment is one that implicates the alleged sockpuppet owner.  Seems too pat, too convenient.

And why would Reggid make a sockpuppet just today?  What purpose would it serve?  None.  I've seen enough cop/lawyer shows to know that an accusation needs to supply means, motive, and opportunity to carry much weight.  You've not provided a motive.  What's the motive for Reggid, after five years, to suddenly create a sockpuppet today?

I see that the admins bojoed the sockpuppet, but Reggid's account is alive and well, so the admins don't appear to have bought the idea the Reggid was the one that created the sockpuppet account.

•  Q."why would Reggid make a sockpuppet just today?" (1+ / 0-)
        Brecht

A.  Desperation and stupidity.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum "Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

by bobdevo on Sat Aug 24, 2013 at 06:17:38 PM PDT

•  It seemed like a good idea at the time . . . (1+ / 0-)
          bobdevo

Despite the way he tripped over his own sockpuppet, Reggid was not stupid. Though anyone following his recent career can see, he can be gloriously pigheaded.

Anger undid Reggid. He got so caught up in the heat of battle, he stopped being careful, he lost track of which account he was posting from.

Tony Situ defending Reggid here, and Moravan just upthread, and Hey338Too, uprating Reggid's lies - they're probably not stupid either. Just a little gullible, prejudiced toward their friend, and blinded by their resentment of all those "Greenwaldian bullies" who gave Reggid such a hard time, demanding that he argue fairly and honestly.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Sat Aug 24, 2013 at 10:16:11 PM PDT