View Diary: HAPPY UPDATE!!!! HE'S HOME!!!!!! Hi everyone. Help me, please (209 comments)

•  He is licensed and micro-chipped. (11+ / 0-)

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 08:28:04 AM PDT

•  That raises the probability (11+ / 0-)

of him coming back to you considerably!

And ten to one he didn't go that far.  Walk the neighborhood if you can, call his name.  Carry cheese.

(-6.38, -7.03) Moderate left, moderate libertarian

by Lonely Liberal in PA on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 08:29:05 AM PDT

•  I can't walk right now (8+ / 0-)

I have a broken foot and have been pacing the house all morning, so my foot is being iced while I regain some strength and calm my stomach.

But I am glad he is micro-chipped. I just hope he ends up somewhere where that will count.

I'm still crossing my fingers that he found some kids and followed them home. He is a sweet, sweet dog and loves kids.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 08:32:59 AM PDT

•  Call friends (5+ / 0-)

who know the dog and have them do it if they will?  The more time that passes the further away he can get.

Call neighbors who know your dog and see if they've seen him, have him, know somebody who has him, or are willing to go out and look or at least keep an eye out?

I'm not sure how realistic any of these suggested actions are, but I'm just throwing out anything I can think of.

(-6.38, -7.03) Moderate left, moderate libertarian

by Lonely Liberal in PA on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 08:35:52 AM PDT

•  Do you have a friend or neighbor who could take (4+ / 0-)

pup #2 for a walk?

I've never thought about this sort of thing before, but seems like she'd be the most capable finder of pup #1.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:18:26 AM PDT

•  Yes, she is on her way over to help look (3+ / 0-)

and take sister doggie for a walk.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:31:05 AM PDT

•  well he wont' leave the pack for long. he will (2+ / 0-)
              BoiseBlue, libnewsie

need you and his sister. he looks like a hunting dog of some sort. they have a good sense of place and will find his way back.

"None of us got where we are solely by pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps" Thurgood Marshall

by UTvoter on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 11:41:09 AM PDT

•  He's a German shorthair mix (3+ / 0-)
                Mr Robert, viral, libnewsie

I don't know, but highly suspect, that someone was trying to train him as a hunting dog before abandoning him upon realizing how timid and gun-shy he is. For the first year I had him, he would run away and tremble whenever I picked up a broom or rake. Sticks still make him nervous, but he's stopped giving me that "please don't kill me" look for the most part.

He's supposed to be a bird dog but is way too friendly. He'll chase cats, get them cornered, then drop to his belly to play with them.

The only time he's ever shown any sort of aggression is when he thinks I'm in danger. My brother was scared of him for months because the first time he came to my house unannounced and walked in (as my whole family does with each other), Chachi lunged at him and kept him pinned to the wall until I came in and broke it up. He didn't hurt my bro, but made damn sure that he didn't make a move, and bro didn't, he just stood there sweating until I arrived.

Now they cuddle whenever bro visits, but he still laughs about how vicious he thought my dog was at first. He's never harmed anyone, but he can look really mean if he wants to.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 11:54:18 AM PDT

•  Does he have his collar w/tags on? (1+ / 0-)
      BoiseBlue

Here...if it's a rabies tag the phone number is to the vet that vaccinated him. Given that it's Sunday they won't be open until tomorrow. Has your contact info with the vet changed?
      Sunday is problematic with contact through any tags except one on him with your phone number.
      Put some signs up with 'Reward' on them. You don't need to specify an amount.  Remove them when you get him back.
      Good luck.
      Positive thoughts.

Ask me how Obamacare has helped my family.

by cosette on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:36:04 AM PDT

•  I don't have a vet established here (0+ / 0-)

I updated his chip info when we moved from Boise but we don't have a vet here because there hasn't been a need for me to take him to one. When his sister was sick I took her to a few different vets before finding a decent one, and we decided we'd keep going there but Chachi has always been healthy so I haven't taken him there yet.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:43:42 AM PDT

•  Good thing he's chipped. (1+ / 0-)
          BoiseBlue

Just read that his collar is not on.
          For anyone reading if you're relying on current rabies tags for return make sure that the vet that did the shot has your current info. It doesn't matter if you are out of state. If the vaccination has expired finding you is not as likely.
          Everyone make sure that their dogs have some tag on the collar with your current info and have them wear it. No choker collars for 24/7 wear.

Ask me how Obamacare has helped my family.

by cosette on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:52:40 AM PDT

•  We keep a soft collar around our two constantly (3+ / 0-)
            kpardue, BoiseBlue, cosette

with a tag called Boomerang tag. It has the dogs name, my name and my telephone #. They were like $7:00 each which I thought was pretty cheap insurance. I am sure if you google pet boomerang tags it should take you there.

" The whole world is about three drinks behind" Humphrey Bogart.

by flatford39 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:44:52 AM PDT