View Diary: HAPPY UPDATE!!!! HE'S HOME!!!!!! Hi everyone. Help me, please (209 comments)

•  It is very intense (13+ / 0-)

More than what I can handle right now.

I thank everyone for the support, well-wishes and ideas. I'm going to do something now. I don't know what, but I have to DO SOMETHING.

I don't care if I break my foot all over again. I'm going to go look for him again. I can't just sit here anymore, and no one (animal control, police, shelter) will answer my calls or offer me help.

I am just scared and sick. He has helped me through so much and I can't even fucking find him. I didn't even know he disappeared.

Thank you everyone. I hope to have a positive update soon.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:53:09 AM PDT

•  so hoping to hear your good news, BoiseBlue (11+ / 0-)

I spent 2 days looking for my lost dog, who jumped out of my moving car at night.

I was driving around until well past 1 AM.

It helps to be out looking, so agree, and I did get my dog back.  And you will also!

On the second day, I got a call from one of the towns I had registered him as missing, and turns out, on a street corner a few blocks from my house, in a fireworks tent, the owners had rescued him, kept hin, but waited until after the 4th of July was over, to call in.

"Who are these men who really run this land? And why do they run it with such a thoughtless hand?" David Crosby

by allenjo on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:58:32 AM PDT

•  go but be careful.. (6+ / 0-)

Are you on crutches or a walking cast?   My left foot is broken, and I'm not allowed to walk on it.  I'm in a wheel chair.   I know how awful it is.   Please be careful.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House. Warren 2016

by dkmich on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:31:34 AM PDT

•  Walking cast (2+ / 0-)
        dkmich, greenearth

Still nothing.

I'm just going to try to eat something and hope I can hold it down. Gf should be home in a few hours and she's going to make posters and walk the neighborhood and surrounding areas.

I guess I just have to sit here uselessly until she gets home. I just hate not being able to find him myself, and I've definitely done more damage to my foot today than I should have. So now I'm even more useless.

I just wanted to do something besides start hitting the bottle of Jager that's in the fridge.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

by BoiseBlue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 11:27:39 AM PDT

•  Posters are important. Plaster the (2+ / 0-)
          BoiseBlue, greenearth

neighborhood with posters including a photo, contact info, and any information relevant to catching him (like 'very shy around men' or 'loves hot dogs'). You can design and print the posters while you're waiting for your GF.  The faster you get them up, the better.

There's a neighborhood listserve where I live; info about lost and found pets gets posted there. I don't know if there's anything like that in your neighborhood. If not, posters can do more or less the same thing.

My dog is storm-phobic, too. I'd be as frantic as you are if she got out in a storm! I hope you find your pup soon!!!

•  One suggestion (9+ / 0-)

Don't just call the animal shelter, pay them a visit. Sometimes the person at the phone doesn't have a handle on all the animals that may have come in the past few days. It's better to have a look in person.

"Societies strain harder and harder to sustain the decadent opulence of the ruling class, even as it destroys the foundations of productivity and wealth." — Chris Hedges

by Crider on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:38:05 AM PDT

•  You probably won't get many call-backs today (4+ / 0-)

b'cuz it's Sunday.

Assuming that you've checked all the places around your home that he might be hiding until the storm is well over. I've known dogs to behave that way, esp. on 4th of July holiday, and then come cowering out from under a bush in their own backyards with their tails between their legs.

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 10:45:18 AM PDT

•  {{{{BoiseBlue}}}} (2+ / 0-)
      Munchkn, greenearth

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful critter.

•  Oh Happy Day, BoiseBlue! (5+ / 0-)

so happy for you that you got your dog back.

by allenjo on Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 02:44:14 PM PDT