View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 8/30 (309 comments)

•  Guess What Everybody ? (5+ / 0-)

I will be in the USA soon !

Just for two weeks unfortunately.

Flying in to LA on Monday morning then going to Vegas for a few nights then to New York City for a bit over a week.

I will be looking for New York City suggestions in the Weekend Open Thread from the New Yorkers (I am staying in an apartment in the Chelsea area)

I have of course already voted and devastated that I will miss the election here... But oh well.

Acting Assistant Vice Chair of the DKE international cheer squad

by CF of Aus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 02:12:58 PM PDT

•  Awesome! (2+ / 0-)
      CF of Aus, MichaelNY

What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

Get the Daily Kos Elections Digest in your inbox every weekday. Sign up here.

by David Nir on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 03:01:26 PM PDT

•  I guess mostly the fine detail food and drink (0+ / 0-)

suggestions.

I have a lot of friends who have been to New York who have done the major tourist stuff and given me tips there (and my lady friend loves art so I assume I will be going to the major galleries). It is her 30th birthday while we are over there so we are going to see Book of Mormon.

But I would like to know some good suggestions for pizza or a nice club somewhere ? What are some of the must see small places of NYC !

Acting Assistant Vice Chair of the DKE international cheer squad

by CF of Aus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 03:09:15 PM PDT

•  We should do this in the WOT, like you suggested (2+ / 0-)
          CF of Aus, MichaelNY

Since more people will see it.

Get the Daily Kos Elections Digest in your inbox every weekday. Sign up here.

by David Nir on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 04:24:24 PM PDT

•  The Strand bookstore (2+ / 0-)
          CF of Aus, MichaelNY

should be real close to you; 12th and Broadway. There's also Bluestockings on the Lower East Side, but it might be too left-wing for you. Go see a Mets game - tickets should be cheap, and if you're taking the 7 train you can get some of the most authentic Mexican, Indian, or Chinese food (depending on the stop) anywhere in the country.

"Pillows, but no sleep / Feathers, but no birds." | Pro-transit young black urban progressive | SSP/DKE | -9, -7.79 | NJ-05 - ! | Yard signs don't vote.

by gabjoh on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 04:37:31 PM PDT

•  its owned by the wife of my senator, (1+ / 0-)
            MichaelNY

is it not?

by James Allen on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 04:46:13 PM PDT

•  Yup, she's the co-owner (2+ / 0-)
              James Allen, MichaelNY

and funny enough, there's been a few labor disputes with the workers there. (Actually marched along the picket line with them a bit a year or so ago...)

by gabjoh on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 07:26:03 PM PDT

•  I read USA as SUSA at first (0+ / 0-)

I was like, wow, you're doing a polling internship? unexpected, but cool!

Living in Kyoto-06 (Japan), voting in RI-01, went to college in IL-01.

by sapelcovits on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 06:51:37 PM PDT