View Diary: honest man saves US taxpayers millions (52 comments)

•  I hear what you are saying, I am just putting it (1+ / 0-)
    Miniaussiefan

out there that I appreciate good people in general. Their goodness isn't necessarily premised by their party affiliation.

What kind of Repug would you rather deal with?

a Boehner type or this guy?

Don't underestimate the value of a worthy adversary.

Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training (Zed, MIB).

by GreenMother on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 11:40:32 AM PDT

•  You know I never liked Repbulicans and I think (0+ / 0-)

all of them that I didn't like then are now Democrats.

There is nothing worthy left. When the President can accuse them of being afraid of Rush Limbaugh, well they are.

Sometimes Obama's zingers are so unappreciated.

give the NRA the Royal Flush join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 11:52:32 AM PDT

•  The president doesn't thrill me right now due to (0+ / 0-)

other matters, and hasn't really since the Gulf Gusher, when he did things that appeared to be a prelude to this.

Why would I care about his zingers? He says one thing and does another.

A man, in the military risked his career to stop a very costly oil fuel ring. I am grateful for that. And I refuse to premise my gratitude on the following: His gender, his race, his party affiliation, his religion [or lack thereof], his educational accomplishments, etc., and so on.

There nothing worthy about our government right now. But if you believe there is nothing worthy about the American people as a whole, then I don't know what to tell you.

by GreenMother on Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 05:17:01 AM PDT

•  That's Democrats for you, get a man in office (0+ / 0-)

for the first time in 8 years and join the GOP at micromanaging his every move.

It gives me gas.

give the NRA the Royal Flush join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 04:54:09 PM PDT

•  I do not feel obligated to this man, any more than (0+ / 0-)

I should feel obligated to have relations with someone who bought me dinner.

He has not served us well.

Our own government spies on us, violates our fourth amendment rights, our due process. Under him, predatory lending has gotten worse, not better, while our tax dollars go to bail out the banks that keep driving our markets crazy, globally.

Every promise he has made, with literally a couple of exceptions has been watered down or made to become meaningless when it comes to pass.

His administration has been just as guilty of violating the social contracts as any other, therefore, I feel completely justified in not being morally or politically supportive of his administration.

by GreenMother on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 05:19:55 AM PDT

•  Of course every appointment he has tried to make (0+ / 0-)

has been fought at every turn.

What kind of a baseball team could you assemble if you couldn't pick any players?

Just saying under the circumstances, I am quite happy with what he has accomplished.

give the NRA the Royal Flush join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 06:30:08 PM PDT

•  It's way beyond that 88kathy. If that were all it (1+ / 0-)
                88kathy

was, I wouldn't be so dissatisfied with him.

The NSA bullshit and his defense of it is absolutely unacceptable. And that's just the latest and greatest problem.

by GreenMother on Thu Aug 29, 2013 at 05:01:47 AM PDT

•  I know people had greater expectations. I didn't (1+ / 0-)
                  GreenMother

I had my doubts anyone could stop the runaway train he hopped on. But he brought it to a nice stop. I am quite happy. He has people sabotaging every move. And trying to find a crack in the diamond perfect man, they can't.

You have to remember there is no such thing as gravity.

The World Sucks.

So I am quite happy with the job Obama is doing. I hired him and I think he is the best man for the job. There is still lots of work for Edwards, I hope he is doing something behind the scenes. Many causes could use a good lawyer. I hope he is doing something.

give the NRA the Royal Flush join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 at 12:18:51 PM PDT

•  I certainly won't begrudge you your happiness (0+ / 0-)

and if he manages to do more good in the world, I have no problem standing up and admitting error.

I would rather be happy and have you be right.

by GreenMother on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 06:01:04 AM PDT