View Diary: Kerry: Syria's 'undeniable' use of chemical arms 'defies any code of morality'. No action announced (461 comments)

•  It won't be an intervention, it will be a criminal (6+ / 0-)

aggressive attack on another country based on lies.   More war crimes committed by our government in our names.  The Americans are at it again.  It looks like it's all over but the bombing.  The public is dazed and confused.  Too bad for Syria and the Syrian people.  The neocons got what they wanted.

"America is the Terror State. The Global War OF Terror is a diabolical instrument of Worldwide conquest."

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 01:21:29 PM PDT

•  OH FFS! (10+ / 0-)

I just have to say that when our entire government is described with the kind of adjectives one would use for agents of Mordor I can't help but completely turn off and discount everything you say.

"criminal aggressive attack on another country based on lies" Really? Lies?

"More war crimes committed by our government in our names" Again, srsly?

I'm sorry, seems like "reality based" is a stranger in these kind of comments.

"Humidity built the snowman. Sunshine brought him down" John Prine

by high uintas on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 01:39:07 PM PDT

•  Screw off and go support another fucking war. (3+ / 1-)
        Johnny Q, DSanchez, corvo
        Hidden by:
        akmk

They are lying.  This whole thing is a lie.
        War is a lie and a crime.

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 01:46:12 PM PDT

•  You haven't read that user's comments before, then (3+ / 0-)
        TomP, high uintas, I give in to sin

Some people here don't appear to read newspapers, or magazines, or well-informed blogs, or just about anything actually.  And when I say "some people," I don't mean you, high uintas. :).

"The first drawback of anger is that it destroys your inner peace; the second is that it distorts your view of reality. If you come to understand that anger is really unhelpful, you can begin to distance yourself from anger." - The Dalai Lama

by auron renouille on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 01:51:03 PM PDT

•  And in defense of the "principle" that chem war... (5+ / 0-)

shouldn't have consequences.

The great irony is that the commenter thinks he's arguing from an elevated moral stance.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 01:51:32 PM PDT

•  Ya, against war is really immoral. (4+ / 0-)
          PhilJD, CenPhx, davidincleveland, Johnny Q

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 02:11:04 PM PDT

•  It is the way you do it. (0+ / 0-)

Yes, Big Al, defending the principle that force should not be used against war criminals is immoral.

I realize you don't understand this. I put it down to your upbringing.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 02:14:12 PM PDT

•  Fuck you. You want to bring my parents (0+ / 0-)

into it.   I wish you were in front of me right now there buddy.
              I'm not a pacifist, I could show you.

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 02:16:30 PM PDT

•  Holy crap there, BigAlinWashSt (2+ / 0-)
                BigAlinWashSt, akmk

I think people jumped on you in this thread, but this is taking it too far. I agree with much of your sentiments here (except for this last comment) and Joe shouldn't have brought your upbringing into it, but you need to take a break. This is ugly. Walk away for a little bit.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived, and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. --John F. Kennedy

by CenPhx on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 03:40:21 PM PDT

•  This is a filthy comment. I decline to HR it; I (3+ / 0-)
              3goldens, PhilJD, Johnny Q

want people to see the viciousness of your attack on Big Al. What part of community guidelines don't you understand, after being here almost three and a half years? You've committed an HR-able twofer in one comment. You morphed

Ya, against war is really immoral.
              into
              That one stinks like rotting straw in humanoid shape but what makes your comment smell worse than fresh turds on a hot summer day is this 'gem':
              I realize you don't understand this. I put it down to your upbringing.
              I couldn't rec Big Al's response to you, because he wrote "Fuck you." in the headline and all. Had he ignored your comment, or merely responded, "May your frozen weinie remain forever ungrilled," or something similar. I would have contented the site proprieties by reporting your foul comment to the helpdesk.

After his response, reporting you would have also gotten him in trouble which he doesn't deserve, because your provocation was quite deliberate. What part of decency in commenting is so hard for you to understand? Were you taught your debating 'skills' in a barn? Even the mafia used to have a rule to keep innocent family members out of their hits. Perhaps doing something the mob would call an infama gives you a thrill of the type I would call sick.

Enough fossil fuel remains on Earth to warm it 6 degrees C by 2100 AD if it is all used. A +6 C planet will only sustain half a billion humans. Human population will rise to 9 billion by 2050. Any questions?

by davidincleveland on Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 04:45:48 PM PDT