View Diary: How best to use this Diaries Section? (66 comments)

•  One of my biggest and most well-received diaries (3+ / 0-)

was one I wrote and put out in about 15 minutes. I think it got close to 20,000 Facebook likes/shares and a boat load of rec's. It was about Rush Limbaugh,

2,200 Rush Limbaugh Sponsors - Gone!
    I had been working with FlushRush and StopRush for close to a year, but it was the first time many people realized boycott groups had gotten thousands of sponsors to leave his show, and the crowd went wild. I don't think it had anything to do with my writing style (though the title was catchy). People were simply starving to hear something was being done about Limbaugh.

Then there are other diaries I put in hours, sometimes days to finish, that only received a handful of recommends. I don't take it personally. Some of those have taken off on other sites... and some, well let's just say they have gone on to rest in peace.

Oh, quick tip: For a long time I promoted/posted my diaries on Facebook which inspired some folks from Facebook to join Daily Kos and check out my work here.

My favorite advice written here so far (and there has been some great advice) is:

be prepared to be educated. ~twigg

"In this world, hate has never yet dispelled hate. Only love can dispel hate." ~ Buddha

by Leslie Salzillo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 09:37:38 AM PDT

•  i keep meaning to do stuff w/ facebook (2+ / 0-)
      grover, Leslie Salzillo

I barely have an account. never ever use it.

I only got one so I could participate in the comments in an online newspaper article during the last campaign season.

one of the guys I volunteer for is absolutely, positively squeaky clean- senator chris murphy, but linda McMahon was making up all kinds of nonsense about him. just wanted to correct some of the foolishness in the comments from some of McMahon's supporters.

"...i also also want a legally binding apology." -George Rockwell

by thankgodforairamerica on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 09:46:27 AM PDT

•  i often read your diaries, but don't follow you! (1+ / 0-)
      Leslie Salzillo

at least I don't think I follow you. I don't follow that many people

"...i also also want a legally binding apology." -George Rockwell

by thankgodforairamerica on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 09:47:27 AM PDT

•  It's extraordinary, Leslie. (2+ / 0-)

There are days when your name flies across my Facebook pages several times.

I don't have a lot of FB friends. I keep it limited to actual "friends." And none of them are really activists.

But there's one of Leslie's articles. And then another. And then one friend comments to another. "I really admire her." "Yeah. Me too."

And I just watch it all, kind of amused, remembering our private conversations when you just arrived here and you said you wanted to write, expose people to some ideas, and maybe change some minds.

© grover

by grover on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 12:13:22 PM PDT

•  Grover, you are lovely. That has to be one of the (1+ / 0-)
        grover

kindest things anyone has said to me about my writing endeavors, and after this week, that gift will  carry me a long way. My eyes watered when I read it. And to hear it from you means even more. Thank you.

by Leslie Salzillo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 04:28:39 PM PDT

•  Hi Leslie (0+ / 0-)

How were you aware that Grover wrote those kind words?

IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE

by The Fritz on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 06:56:23 PM PDT

•  The comment is on the comment thread. Also you can (1+ / 0-)
            grover

check you own 'comments' on your far right column in the orange  block section under 'stream'. There you can see the comments you made and any comments made after your comments. Let me know if I can help.

P.s. There is no 'notification' system here - you just have to check back... and keep learning. It will all come together. Glad you're here, Fritz.

by Leslie Salzillo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 07:46:02 PM PDT

• Recommended (123)
  • Community (60)
  • Elections (31)
  • Media (31)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Republicans (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site