View Diary: (Updated) Winston Smith's Telescreen Has Arrived: DHS To Scan Americans in Public Places (209 comments)

•  My state seriously "requests" that you do not (6+ / 0-)

smile when you take your drivers license photo. Smiles make facial recognition softward work harder.

I have a nice happy smile on my driver's  license photo.

What can I say? Being at the DMV makes me jolly.

Actually, my local DMV office is very efficient, most of the staff is friendly and accomodating, and with an appointment, you can get in and out in 20 minutes, 30 if you have to take the test.

© grover

by grover on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 10:13:42 AM PDT

•  Is it NY? (1+ / 0-)
      StrayCat

They say that, too.

•  How about frowning? (1+ / 0-)
      grover

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. -Martin Luther

by the fan man on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 11:09:41 AM PDT

•  Also on your passport photos now. (2+ / 0-)
      grover, rlochow

How soon will RFID chips be planted at birth like they do with pets now?

Patriotism may be the last refuge of scoundrels, but religion is assuredly the first.

by StrayCat on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 11:35:55 AM PDT

•  Well, pet microchips are still optional, (0+ / 0-)

And registered with private companies.

So I think your kitties will have more privacy than we will.

© grover

by grover on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 12:03:07 PM PDT

•  No smiling (1+ / 0-)
      grover

For your passport photo either. That's OK. The way things are going we won't have anything to smile about soon anyway.

"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

by rambler american on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 01:03:41 PM PDT

•  Your comment made me (1+ / 0-)
        rambler american

chuckle not smile (per Federal Regulation: DHS 2003-08. 452-D.6(k). Appropriate  facial and emotional reactions. )

© grover