View Diary: Obama Broke My Heart Wednesday (54 comments)

•  Oh Boo Fucking Hoo. (1+ / 0-)
    Tony Situ

There ain't no knight in shining armor coming.

"Republicans are the party that says that government doesn't work, then they get elected and prove it."-- PJ O'Rourke

by nocynicism on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 11:50:17 AM PDT

•  said "nocynicism" (6+ / 0-)

the irony is thick.

•  I picked that name (1+ / 0-)
        marina

to remind me to not be my cynical self...I never thought a black man would win in 2008 until election night.  Barack Obama told us to put our cynicism aside and have hope that we ourselves can bring change.
        He said it would be hard.  He taught us to organize. register voters. canvass, phone bank GOTV.  He fucking won.  If we don't win we go backward.
        I have been and activist since high school and  I just turned 60.  Have won some and lost some but I am fighting and when I'm dead my kids and grandkids will keep fighting them.

by nocynicism on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 02:39:43 PM PDT

•  Seriously how effective can any POTUS be... (0+ / 0-)

...when the opposing political party has publicly stated they will not cooperate with this President not matter what and their money apparently is bigger then ours and The President has to pick his battles very carefully just to (win) a stalemate. Yes, I have been disappointed more than a few times and wishing he would let the repubs shut down the govt and suffer the consequences. But no, instead he figures a way to get a temporary agreement and he believes that is what the POTUS is supposed to do and I agree IMHO. It sucks but that's the reality of it.

Our nations quality of life is based on the rightousness of its people.

by kalihikane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 at 08:46:41 PM PDT

•  Don't Expect A Shining (2+ / 0-)
      Barbara Marquardt, Plantsmantx

I don't expect one, but I did expect him to offer actual policy prescriptions.

•  The object lesson there is to ... (0+ / 0-)

... look away from the rhetoric and look to the policy proposals, in the context of what that particular electorate wants to hear.

When you see a politician running for the Democratic nomination in a primary field talking about health care and trade, and he offers the least progressive health care reform and the strongest support for Corporate Money Grab Agreements among the main contenders, you have your clue already that this is someone pushing left of where he'd rather be, to avoid getting outflanked on the left.

A problem that will go away once the general election rolls around, never mind after winning the general election when in government.

Support Lesbian Creative Works with Yuri anime and manga from ALC Publishing

by BruceMcF on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 01:28:51 PM PDT

•  otherwise... (0+ / 0-)

what was the point of him becoming President?

•  Still trying to figure that out (1+ / 0-)
          Plantsmantx

Remember during the height of the primary where he talked about how Reagan changed the political scene? Where is that from him. Why wasn't he supporting Dems in the state legislative races that allowed the right to hijack the gerrymandering?

•  Why was Obama not supporting Dems? (0+ / 0-)

because he is a child of the DLC (although he denied this.) During the entire time frame of 2004 to 2007, one Rahm Emanuel was going around the USA, making sure that only DLC candidates got  the party's backing and money.

Progressives who were far more valuable in taking us from a society of for and by the One Percent were deliberately shut out. Time and time again.

And as repayment for his efforts, we all know where Emanuel ended up.

Offer your heart some Joy every day of your life, and spread it along to others.

by Truedelphi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 at 02:54:07 PM PDT

•  What is that comment mean? (0+ / 0-)

You can be lied to and it shouldn't matter? Like bend over and take it like a man? I don't get it. Please clarify.

"You can die for Freedom, you just can't exercise it"

by shmuelman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 03:52:50 PM PDT