View Diary: White House to begin Obamacare promotion blitz (82 comments)

•  Why? (0+ / 0-)

Have you seen how simple the comparisons between plans are?  Have you gone to Healthcare.gov and answered the questions there?  That is how simple it will be on Oct 1st.  The beauty of ACA is that it eliminates all the marketing gobbledygook that makes traditional insurance policies so confusing (actually they design their products to be confusing).  No bells, no whistles, just a simple choice between 4 plan levels, and then a choice based on price between insurance companies.  You won't need an insurance agent unless you have very complicated chronic illnesses with complicated tax scenarios.

Health Insuance agents are going the way of travel agents.  It's just easier and cheaper for most people to go online and do it themselves.

Really folks, all this "concern" is breaking my heart.

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 09:06:59 PM PDT

•  Given that there will be 70-some plans offered... (0+ / 0-)

...with 4 different ranges of benefits in my area, I'd rather give a trusted agent the parameters of what I'm looking for and see what he recommends. He hasn't steered me wrong before, when I've used his knowledge and expertise in helping my clients.

I've looked at the plans online and would still prefer help with enrolling, and so would many of my friends. If working through established insurance agents we know and trust ends up enrolling more folks in the Exchanges, what's the harm to you?

•  Also, there's no extra charge for consumers... (0+ / 0-)

...who use certified agents. You're spreading disinfo.

•  I have a license to sell insurance in Texas. (0+ / 0-)

I am retired but still have an active license.  What type of work do you do? (you mention clients)

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 09:26:07 PM PDT

•  Forgot your last question. (0+ / 0-)

What's the harm to me?  Nothing personally, I have the best health insurance in the world that is never going away until I die.

But I am worried about 30 million+ who are going to be signing up.  I do not want them to become victims of scams or charlatans.

Quite frankly, I doubt your motives here and I'm calling you on it.  What's in it for you?  It doesn't sound like "friendly" advice to me.

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 09:33:01 PM PDT

•  Hence my advice to use an agent you trust! (nt) (0+ / 0-)
            •  I think insurance agents are bookies. (0+ / 0-)

There is no need for them in the majority of cases.  Health insurance agents are going the way of the dinosaur.

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 09:45:44 PM PDT

•  Not sure I understand this comment. (0+ / 0-)

My insurance coverage is provided by my husband's employer Exxon-Mobil who, surprisingly, offer a version of insurance that is pretty freakin close to the ultimate Single Payer model.  They are self insured because they can afford to be, they are richer than most of the countries in the world.  But guess what?  They are NOT richer than the USA...the USA CAN afford Universal Healthcare for all citizens. We are just too greedy.

I never sold health insurance - I'm a retired banker.  I had the license in order to sell annuities, which I never sold either.  I was a VP in treasury management selling bank products to large corporates and middle markets.  Hey, it was just a job.  I'm a socialist at heart.

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 10:12:13 PM PDT

•  I'm not in the insurance biz, nor do I... (1+ / 0-)
            rsmpdx

...get any commission from any agent or business. People are free to use the websites, or a newly trained Navigator, or insurance agents. As long as the uninsured and underinsured enroll, it's all good!

•  I'm not spreading disinfo, (0+ / 0-)

I spend everyday here on DKos counteracting lies and myths about ACA.  I've not run into your name in the comments during that time.  I never even said anything about fees to agents in my response to you.  But you sure sound like an insurance advertisement.  When are you going to start typing in small print so that you fully disclose to consumers who you are and what your angle is?

We are all in this together.

by htowngenie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 09:42:04 PM PDT

•  Stop. You're verging on CT. (0+ / 0-)

I, too, have posted for years too about the ACA here, and if you have a problem with my posts then contact an admin. Your demands that I disclose personal info to satisfy your paranoia are getting awfully close to rulebreaking.