View Diary: In bitter earnest (196 comments)

•  Screw CBS. I care about the administration. (0+ / 0-)

I don't expect knowledgable commentary from the mainstream media.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 08:10:01 AM PDT

•  That was in June ..... (1+ / 0-)
      gerrilea

and here lately I don't expect knowledgble commentary from the administration either... Even if I worked my butt of twice for election and reelection.
      War on Terror supposed  to be over says this administration.   Well... terror still exisits... and always will.
      In war zones... silencers were against the Geneva convention but renaming it to noise suppresors was OK.
      Really?   A rose by any other name...or a missle strike...
      Still the same

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 08:32:16 AM PDT

•  You can't even see your point anymore. (0+ / 0-)

Never mind wandering off from it. You don't even know what direction it lies in anymore.

Let me remind you: you were trying to argue that the administration was linking action against the Syrian government to the "War on Terror."

And I would find this oh-so-principled argument that chemical weapons are no big deal, no different from anything else, a whole lot more respectable if anyone making it had provided the slightest indication they felt that way before, say, last Thursday.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 08:39:23 AM PDT

•  Where did I say it was no big deal.. I said it was (0+ / 0-)

terror and torture.  You have lost your ability to communicate.  You do not have a clue and I smell projection here as it is YOU who has no direction of which you speak... I know exactly what I am talking about.. My opinion of the situation and of course many others as well but since you work with so many of those who have served or are serving, I guess that makes you more capable to conclude a judgment....More than many of we advocates on here....who talk to the military community every single breathing moment of our lives.   Rant on....you are young yet and still learning.

by Vetwife on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 10:43:03 AM PDT

•  Yo, Kerouac, try making a point! (0+ / 0-)

Quibbling with my wording and stream-of-consciousness typing do not rebut the argument the chemical weapons are treated as an especially dangerous category for a reason.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 10:52:09 AM PDT

•  You are just wanting to throw pie (0+ / 0-)

How mature.    You are the one going off point in so many directions trying to project your views but I know my point and if you don't get it then, this debate is futile because you think people against the invasion of Syria is about NOT thinking chemicals are WMD...is just beyond the pale but we cannot strike everyone who has them....
              We would have to start with us...Does this ring a bell?

Testvet...Edgewood....MKUltra...Do you honestly believe Syria is the only country that has openly used WMD's.
              Do you think terroism did not not exist before 911.  Surely not.  Terror has been long before mine or your birth and will be long after our deaths.

by Vetwife on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 11:05:00 AM PDT

•  OK. How about President Obama? (1+ / 0-)
      gerrilea
      [Obama] said U.S. allies Israel, Turkey and Jordan would be threatened, as well as U.S. national security interests, if Syria is allowed to use chemical weapons without retribution. Terrorists could get their hands on the weapons as well, he said.
      POTUS

As of 9pm 8/30/13: RETIRED Pie Warrior. Substance over Sh*t Flinging (as best as I am able) ~ JV

by JVolvo on Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 01:14:39 PM PDT