View Diary: You'll eat chicken processed in China and you won't even know it (353 comments)

•  I suppose my questions of who is in charge (0+ / 0-)

and how they got there, after a bad decision is publicized..

is rather blasphemous.  But why?  Oh - cause such questions might lead to inconvenient facts?

The excuses for Obama's behavior have long since passed the point of predictability neccessary to qualify as an absurd production of Kabuki Theater.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 09:52:33 AM PDT

•  Your call for ObamaRox/Sux pie fight declined. (1+ / 0-)
      Radiowalla

You've just lost your reason for being in this diary.  Buh-bye.

HEY COGNITIVE INFILTRATORS! I googled "confirmation bias" and Daily Kos raided my house! And and and smashed my hard drives! Ask CNN, it's all truthy!

by Inland on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 10:01:55 AM PDT

•  Isn't it amazing how the mention of factual (1+ / 0-)
        kmfmstar

information and questioning those who are in power automatically qualify as a "pie fight"?

Fascinating.  Who knew that factual information and questioning those in leadership are verboten.

And, in point of fact, I believe the Diary is about a decision which most would view in the negative.  Perhaps - and this is a radical suggestion I know - when we encounter bad decisions, it might be apropos to discuss how those decisions get made and who makes them?

Yes, I believe that's so.  Which is why I shall continue to question our leadership and ask difficult inconvenient questions when bad decisions are made by a department of the executive.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 11:28:49 AM PDT

•  Your Mileage Varies... (0+ / 0-)
          I get your point, but a discussion of what to do about this in our own lives, and the lives of our families and friends is what this diary prompts in me.

Who is/was responsible is far less pertinent than political action items to protect ourselves from this development, instead of just allowing ourselves to twist in the wind as victims.

So, no rox/sux for this fella, just what the heck can I do to avoid the product and confront, perhaps by tougher food choices, the issue.

People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. - George Orwell

by paz3 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 12:43:59 PM PDT

•  Avoidance is essential, and I get and respect (0+ / 0-)

Your viewpoint.  But soon, very soon, we will all be out of options because policy makers.

I don't see criticism based on facts as pie fight.  I see it as facing reality.  The comments/insights will be twofold....1) how to avoid bad/cope and 2) what to do about those who put us in the position to have to avoid/cope.

Both are appropriate, IMHO

Please save a child's life. www.signon.org/sign/sarasota-sheriffs-office

by kmfmstar on Sat Sep 14, 2013 at 03:48:02 AM PDT

•  (.....) (0+ / 0-)
          I suppose my questions of who is in charge (0+ / 0-)

and how they got there, after a bad decision is publicized..

is rather blasphemous.

Wake up: people aren't half as stupid as you think they are and can tell when someone is trying to provoke a pie fight.  Just so you know how transparent you are.

by Inland on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 12:48:35 PM PDT

•  I try to be as transparent as possible, (0+ / 0-)

I make every effort at every opportunity to raise the level of understanding around our (D) leadership.

Accountability can only occur once enough people realize the facts.

My goal is to raise awareness.

Call it a pie fight if you will, however, I will continue my efforts at highlighting the facts of Policy and equally important - WHO advances such policies.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 03:06:39 PM PDT

• Law (16)
  • GOP (16)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Marriage Equality (14)
  • Racism (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site