Skip to main content

View Diary: First and Cliche, Cowboys pinned deep in their own territory (12 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Cultural issues, ya know? (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    jabney

    This stuff, at least the money part, is what I've always heard is the norm.

    That we haven't read basically this story about every major program isn't because OSU is unigue. It's not because the kids are so great at keeping secrets.

    It's because journalists are so great at not seeing.

    •  Not quite... (0+ / 0-)

      Personally, I think that we don't see more programs like these is even simpler than "they keep secrets."

      When only 10% (or so) of the 340+ athletic programs in NCAA Division I can balance their financial ledgers in the average year, the other 90% can't afford cheating - not from any moral sense, but rather from a lack of available assets.

      The word "parent" is supposed to be a VERB, people...

      by wesmorgan1 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 07:52:34 AM PDT

      [ Parent ]

      •  I hope nobody.. (0+ / 0-)

        Is dumm enuff to put Booster payola on the books!

        Let's keep it simple, Econ 101: It's 90 miles from Stillwater to Norman. How steep can the wage gradient be?

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site