View Diary: No, Putin isn't being smart. Obama is running rings around him (253 comments)

•  Awwww...I take it you don't like the Moose? (13+ / 0-)

'Tis a shame.

Motley Moose has been peacefully existing for 5 years now...despite not living up to your expectations of a small community blog.

For those who may not know the Moose, here is the About Us page, The Posting Guidelines, and a bit more lighthearted Insider's Guide to Motley Moose.

Sounds nefarious, eh? /grin

Many (if not most) Moose are Kossacks as well. Kossacks in good standing and representing a wide array of thoughts and views.

Check out the dKos Group 'Moose on the Loose'...over 100 members with no 'recruiting' push (lots of Moose don't even know it exists). The Moose membership includes published authors, theologians, military members (active and retired), small business owners, archaeologists, historians, teachers, mental health professionals, humanitarians, moms, dads, grandparents, students....and even a couple dKos Front Pagers! A diverse community focused on all things 'Progressive', not just politics.

Moose strengthen the dKos community, and Kossacks strengthen the Moose community. It has been a great relationship for 5 years.

I find the fact that the Moose so riles a select few (a very few, a very predictable few) here on dKos quite humorous. But, hey, if they wanna spend their energy hatin'...that is their prerogative.

So, yah, I'm sure the Moose will survive their derision despite (perhaps, in part, even due to!) silly comments like the above popping up now and again.

It does, admittedly, tickle me that they think about the Moose enough to spend the time and energy to comment on it.

/grin

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

by Kysen on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 08:06:15 PM PDT

•  Have you thought about buying space ads here? (0+ / 0-)

They're a little more expensive than the free posts and comments used by some MM'ers to unabashedly drive traffic there (and the bold-faced hyping of some that continually write about other web communities, in general, as if their diary/comment content was romance copy in their sales collateral...pardon the lingo, I come from the ad community, originally; but, anyone reading your comment objectively, Kysen, would be forced to agree with me). But, DKos' ad revenue's down, and I do believe in supporting this community in the little ways that I can.

Just sayin'...a little over-the-top, eh?...even for you.

LOL!

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 08:57:44 PM PDT

•  /grin (9+ / 0-)

But why would we bother, Bob?

Moose detractors give us advertising for free.

I only 'talk Moose' when it is brought up in deceptive terms by another...you know, presenting 'the other side' and all. Despite what you and others seem to believe, the Moose is a small community and MOST folks wonder what has so many panties in a bunch over over 'em. I figure lettin' folks know what the fuss is about lets them form their own opinions.

In other words...

Keep it comin'!

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

by Kysen on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 09:07:14 PM PDT

•  Ah, yes...the old... (4+ / 0-)

..."I-don't-care-what-they-say-about-my-website-as-long-as-they-spell-the-URL-properly" riff...

When, in the five years that Motley Moose has been in existence have I stated anything anywhere that's derogatory about the grand ole' Moose website? I have had my truly trivial little tiffs with individual mooseketeers; and I have been the subject of trivial, ill-formed, moose mockery--just a handful of times over the years at the MM site and here--behind my back.  But, again: When, in the five years that Motley Moose has been in existence have I stated anything anywhere that's derogatory about the grand ole' Moose? Anything I've had to say I've stated to your/their antlers...er....ummm...face.

That being said, and since we're on the subject, the holier-moose-than-thou routine gets just a wee bit hypocritical, given my unstated observations of certain Moose-in-glass-houses throwing stones...and all that.

by bobswern on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 10:12:06 PM PDT

•  By my calculations...you will acquire 1.194 new... (1+ / 0-)
            DeadHead

...Moose website registrations for every contentious comment I fling in this thread! (Polarization of political web communities being what it is, and such.) And, add an extra .333 registrations for every four-letter word I include in this thread, above and beyond that.

by bobswern on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 10:17:30 PM PDT

•  /grin (4+ / 0-)
            bobswern, Fogiv, raptavio, Sylv

If you will note, Bob, my initial reply was not to you. Ergo, my 'Moose talk' was not directed your way, or in response to you.

We've never had any 'beef' that I can recall...and, tbh, I thought I was bein' cheeky in my reply to you.

So holster yer guns, pardner.  :)

(not for nothin', I think it is denizens of another blog that demand that it always be linked to when referred to)

PS - I'm comfortable with throwin' stones when the fancy strikes me...all my windows are already broken! That having been said, I don't think I threw any stones?

Cheers!

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

by Kysen on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 10:26:36 PM PDT

•  Yes, your initial reply wasn't to me... (2+ / 0-)
              Kysen, DeadHead

...but, your replies to me were to me, or something like that. I've been smirking and grinning as I've been writing every comment in this thread. (I really am a snarky bastard at heart.)

by bobswern on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 10:30:12 PM PDT

•  For the record (2+ / 0-)
            mahakali overdrive, raptavio

I resent and reject your accusation that I linked to a Moose diary in order to advertise it, or encourage any inter-blog flame wars.

The only reason I linked to Shaun's recent piece (and not the old post you cite) was it was the best summation of the UN gamesmanship over chemical weapons. That's it. Plain and simple. Though I have noted cross postings before, this is one of the rare times in dozens of diaries I've cited a Moose diary in the body of any Kos diary.

I did that because it furthered the debate about Syria: no more, no less.

So I'd like you to retract the advertising allegation. Nobody makes any money out of traffic on the Moose. We explicitly reject blog wars and reprimand comments about other individuals on other blogs

This smear is out of character, Bob. Please reconsider.

The Fall of the House of Murdoch -with Eric Lewis and all the latest Leveson evidence out now!

by Brit on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 01:51:27 AM PDT

•  To be clear (3+ / 0-)
        raptavio, Sylv, tytalus

In Markos' new FAQ, he makes it clear cross-posting is acceptable. But of course, its your right to disagree with his position on that.

If Markos changed the rule to require ads because his ad revenue is down, I personally would completely understand that. I wouldn't fault him for it. But he hasn't.

•  Thanks (8+ / 0-)

I hadn't heard about this and it looks like a place I might like, so I registered.  :)

We all made this journey for a reason. -- President Barack Obama (February 10, 2007)

by arabian on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 09:35:19 PM PDT

• Recommended (135)
  • Community (60)
  • 2016 (43)
  • Environment (39)
  • Elections (37)
  • Republicans (34)
  • Bernie Sanders (34)
  • Culture (33)
  • Hillary Clinton (27)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Labor (24)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Media (22)
  • Education (22)
  • GOP (21)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Affordable Care Act (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Texas (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site