View Diary: Senate tea partiers 'screwing' House GOP leadership (72 comments)

•  If Boehner feels that the baggers are going to (4+ / 0-)

reject anything he proposes no matter what then he should hasten the great conflagration we have all been waiting and hoping for. He would cement his place in history if he would just cut them loose and do the right thing for his country. One can dream....

I got gay-married in Maine!

by Rumarhazzit on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 09:51:35 AM PDT

•  Or just announce now that America is screwed. (2+ / 0-)
      Matt Z, Rumarhazzit

And we should all get over it.

(That might actually get something done.)

The highest form of spiritual practice is self observation with compassion.

by NCJim on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 10:05:05 AM PDT

•  PS (4+ / 0-)
      sidnora, Gentle Giant, Matt Z, Rumarhazzit
      I got gay-married in Maine!
      I feel much better about my own marriage now that NY has sane marriage laws.

And congratulations, may your marriage be as long and as happy as mine  (today is my 30th anniversary).

The highest form of spiritual practice is self observation with compassion.

by NCJim on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 10:07:38 AM PDT

•  thanks....we have been together 23 years so (1+ / 0-)
        NCJim

it's more like vindication than anything. It sure was a wonderful feeling standing in front of a large crowd of friends and family saying, "I do." Never thought I would see it in my lifetime.

I got gay-married in Maine!

by Rumarhazzit on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 03:20:17 PM PDT

•  Thanks for reminding me... (0+ / 0-)

...that all marriages need be recognized by the state.

In NC there were no Quaker marriages for a century because they refused the law that said only marriages blessed by a minister were legal.

But I still have 7 + 3 years on you.

It has been a long and amazing journey on gay-rights in our lifetime.

The highest form of spiritual practice is self observation with compassion.

by NCJim on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 03:51:35 PM PDT

•  He is far too selfish (2+ / 0-)
      Matt Z, Rumarhazzit

and shortsighted to do such a thing.

I truly believe that at this point, he's just trying to keep it together on a day-to-day basis. And it's not going very well.

by sidnora on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 10:41:12 AM PDT