View Diary: What Now for the Zimmerman Fan Club? (421 comments)

•  There's a nice toasty corner in hell (6+ / 0-)

reserved for him and those like him. I have no doubt justice will be served. Eventually.  Just watch.  These things have a way of working themselves out. With the amount of crazy inside Zimmerman, it's a foregone conclusion that his story will not end well.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. --V for Vendetta

by WFBMM on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 12:03:19 PM PDT

•  Wishful thinking. (6+ / 0-)

We need to make it right. Not some fake judge in the sky.

What is so unnerving about the candidacy of Sarah Palin is the degree to which she represents—and her supporters celebrate—the joyful marriage of confidence and ignorance. SAM HARRIS

by Cpqemp on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 01:13:32 PM PDT

•  You're barking up the wrong damn tree. (5+ / 0-)

Respect my choice to believe, and I'll respect your choice not to.  Keep your snarky comments to yourself.

by WFBMM on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 01:58:48 PM PDT

•  All ideas are subject to challenge and ridicule. (0+ / 0-)

Cpquemp was not disputing your right to believe, but the validity of your idea.

Many people choose not to discuss religion in order to avoid conflict, but you did not.  You first brought up the subject.

Expecting that you (and others who share your beliefs) should be able to express your ideas is a result of your xtian privilege, not a right.

Moreover, 'respect my choice by shutting up' is an abysmal defense of an unsupported mythology.

Socialist? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

by Kimbeaux on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 07:13:18 AM PDT

•  ROFLMAO (0+ / 0-)

For anyone who has an axe to grind, whatever the subject, one sentence in one comment out of many is more than enough fodder to use for one's own aim. The thread was hijacked, and here you are bringing up the rear with more tangental noise.

Have at it.  Continue this religious digression. Drone on about my so-called "Christian privilege" (yet another tangent) and how I'm in the same boat as Bachman and Palin, and that I believe in myths, and Thor, easter bunnies and whatever other insults you feel like lobbing my way.

Please get it out of your system if you must, but frankly, I've heard it all and have been called much worse.  And when you're done, hopefully, you'll feel better, but you won't find a reply because i'm putting you on ignore.

I'm done with this thread, but not with Kos. Despite the few, the many make it well worth my membership here.

by WFBMM on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 09:17:05 AM PDT

•  You are confused. (0+ / 0-)

I said nothing about

how I'm in the same boat as Bachman and Palin
              Or, that's just a strawman of what I did say.

As for

I believe in myths
              This is clearly demonstrated by your own comment:
              There's a nice toasty corner in hell reserved for him and those like him. I have no doubt justice will be served. Eventually.  Just watch.
              Please notice that I am not calling you anything.  I am merely pointing out the lack of critical thought in your ideas and the deficiencies in your arguments.  That you see this as personal attack is because you cannot differentiate between your ideas and your self.

by Kimbeaux on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 09:54:41 AM PDT

•  So what about.... (2+ / 0-)
      TFinSF, Kimbeaux

...the people who wish for justice before he dies.

The idea that he will eventually be served justice by a higher power when he dies seems to me a sop that is used to sap the efforts to seek justice in the here and now.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 09:42:31 PM PDT