View Diary: More on Colorado recalls and voter turnout (287 comments)

•  Funny that you don't identify them. (2+ / 0-)
    coquiero, Glen The Plumber

And funny that the language I quoted to you shows that Markos never claimed that mail-in ballots would have saved Giron's seat.  He makes that claim only with respect to Morse.

So I frankly don't know what you're talking about.

by FogCityJohn on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 01:28:35 PM PDT

•  Sorry (0+ / 0-)

I didn't know that you couldn't interpret "there are several paragraphs above the single sentence you quote" to mean, well, the paragraphs above the single sentence you quoted.

So, for the record, or for those readers who are a bit stupid, I meant "the" paragraphs.

Thank you and good day.

"Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation..."--David St. Hubbins

by Old Left Good Left on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 03:37:23 PM PDT

•  Which have nothing to do with my point. (2+ / 0-)
        coquiero, Glen The Plumber

And the relevance of which you have still failed to explain.

So now tell me, who's being stupid?

by FogCityJohn on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 04:06:38 PM PDT

•  Well (0+ / 0-)

Half the diary is devoted to explaining, with quotes and a reference to a prior diary, the mail ballot/low turnout theory.  And yes, he explicitly says that it applies to Morse, but he doesn't say it doesn't apply to Giron.

So, excuse me if I haven't addressed your point, because you have not actually made any point that I could address, other than to say that you have no fucking idea what you're posting about.

by Old Left Good Left on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 05:01:10 PM PDT

•  Oh! Now I get it! (1+ / 0-)
            Glen The Plumber

Since Markos didn't say (in this diary) that his mail-in ballot theory didn't apply to Giron, you just assumed that he thinks it did, and wrote a comment to refute something he hadn't actually said.

Okay, well now all that makes perfect sense.

by FogCityJohn on Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 08:54:17 PM PDT

•  Well, yes (0+ / 0-)

The diary is, after all, about "Colorado recalls."

Now, not to belabor the point, but "recalls" is plural.  As you may know, "plural" means more than one.  I guess it's possible Markos was referring to some other Colorado recall than that of Morse, but I can't really think of one other than in SD-3.

Please, enlighten me.  What other recall could the diary be about?

Or you could STFU.