View Diary: Street Prophets: What Is Love? ♥ (65 comments)

•  My grandmother gave me a calico (5+ / 0-)

she whooped every dog in the area. I greatly appreciated it. One dog in particular was a very hyper dalmatian that bullied my little Lhasa Apsos. That is until Cali whooped it a time or two in my yard. Owner had the nerve to complain! Lol. Her dad laughed and told her the dog had it coming and to keep her dog at home.

"the Devil made me buy this dress!" Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones

by BlueJessamine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 02:51:05 PM PST

•  "The Pussy Cat Rag", with some Maine accent: (6+ / 0-)

Warning: some mild racist content in one line, but it's about a cat beating up a bulldog. I own the same kind of Edison Amerola and also own the cylinder.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:00:55 PM PST

•  Awww the kitties meowing! (5+ / 0-)

Know I have an ear worm. Kittykittykitty....

"the Devil made me buy this dress!" Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones

by BlueJessamine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:11:35 PM PST

•  The "Peerless Quartet" including two of the (3+ / 0-)

biggest stars of the first two and a half decades of the 20th Century, Ada Jones and Billy Murray. It's the best party record ever, and I grew up with a copy on Edison disc, which I still have along with the Edison phonograph to play it. Sadly, it plays on some racial sterotypes which were common in those days, but the record is otherwise hilarious. Geoff the cat always pricks his ears up and puts his tail down when I play it at home. That record, by the way, on cylinder or disc is one of the most sought-after among collectors of Edisonia. It's a major collector's record.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:22:15 PM PST

•  I'll keep my eye out for (2+ / 0-)
            FloridaSNMOM, commonmass
            the record, by the way, on cylinder or disc is one of the most sought-after among collectors of Edisonia.
            There are a couple of antique malls and stores over on the coast that I spend time in. I did notice some cylinders in one.

"the Devil made me buy this dress!" Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones

by BlueJessamine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:32:54 PM PST

•  Be careful if you get into the hobby. (2+ / 0-)
              BlueJessamine, FloridaSNMOM

I started when I was 12, and that record was already in my grandfather's collection, which is what got me started.

In the late 70's.

I already had it on Diamond Disc but it took me 15 years to find one on cylinder.

Pope Francis: the Thumb of Christ in the eyes of the Pharisees.

by commonmass on Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 03:42:30 PM PST