View Diary: Frank Rich "State-Sponsored Terrorism!" (197 comments)

•  Hey claim CT again, declare "victory" and walk off (0+ / 0-)

We'd appreciate it.

As of 9pm 8/30/13: RETIRED Pie Warrior. Substance over Sh*t Flinging (as best as I am able) ~ JV

by JVolvo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 07:18:49 PM PDT

•  I haven't walked off. (0+ / 0-)

I'm more than happy to have the conversation.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 07:46:20 PM PDT

•  Great, I'll jump in since you haven't answered (0+ / 0-)

my post, either - who are some of the politicians you support?

You haven't given an answer to that question after being asekd several times, and I can understand why - it will shatter your so-called position on "innocent Americans" and "their liberties being taken."

Or, it'll just pull back the curtain your your nonsense.

•  I voted and contributed to Obama. (0+ / 0-)

I've also voted for Kerry.
          I've also voted for Nader.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 08:31:44 PM PDT

•  What do you make of Reason Magazine's (0+ / 0-)

opinion that John Kerry's record on civil liberties sucks?

John Kerry's Monstrous Record on Civil Liberties
            The Man from Beacon Hill's "New War" on the Constitution

Kerry breaks your tagline's cardinal rule - sacrifice liberty! And you voted for this traitor?

Those who would sacrifice toasters for toaster ovens deserve neither.

•  You convinced me. (0+ / 0-)

I won't vote for him again.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 08:58:03 PM PDT

•  So, how do you explain your contridiction? (0+ / 0-)

it's OK for you to decide which liberties are OK to sacrifice and those that are not?

Give me liberty ... I think ... or give me a bad hangover

•  Sorry to burst your bubble Frank - see how (0+ / 0-)

sticky an issue of "taking liberties" can be - you are guilty. Why don't you drop that crap and get real.

•  I am. (0+ / 0-)

I don't support taking liberties away from innocent people.

You, of course, revel in it.

We shall see in whose direction the Party takes after 2014.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 09:38:36 PM PDT

•  I see - just ignore the facts and think no one (0+ / 0-)

is going to call you on it or remember.

You vote for politicians who take civil liberties away from "innocent Americans" - that's you're entire point and you contradict it.

You're a joke.

What you should be saying is "I won't support politicians who try to stop gun violence by requiring universal background checks and limit gun firing capacity so that madmen can't fire off 30 to 40 rounds at a time without having to reload, nor those politicans who act to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, nor those who require people to acquire a concealed carry license in person rather than the internet, but, BUT, I do support politicians who snoop on innocent American's private communications."

Those who would integrity liberty for a cheap tagline deserve neither.

•  "You vote for politicians" (0+ / 0-)

No I don't.
                      I'm proving it this year.

"What you should be saying is.....BUT, I do support politicians who snoop on innocent American's private communications."
                      No. I don't. But you should. Stay consistent in your distrust of your fellow citizens.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 09:51:48 PM PDT

•  Obama's civil lib record sucks too - that's (0+ / 0-)

being hypocritical of you, isn't it?

Obama’s dismal civil liberties record
            Despite vows to increase transparency, the president has made the government ever more authoritarian and intrusive

Those who would sacrifice integrity for a cheap blog tagline deserve neither.