Skip to main content

View Diary: California starts regulating political blogging. Why? (124 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  FPPC is the state org (5+ / 0-)

    that collects financial disclosures and makes various campaign rules. I don't know what you'd prefer it be called.

    In addition to your campaign finances, if you're running for office, or holding office, or hold a position within government where you direct large amounts of money, you have to file a financial conflict of interest statement. On this, you have to report things like real estate you own, businesses that pay you that may be contracting with the organization you oversee, and gifts you receive from people not in your immediate family.

    There's a handy guide to valuing your wedding gifts so that you may properly report them, if you are so unfortunate as to have a wedding while under their jurisdiction. :-)

    Fry, don't be a hero! It's not covered by our health plan!

    by elfling on Fri Sep 20, 2013 at 10:04:22 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site