Skip to main content

View Diary: Here's what Republicans say they want in exchange for not causing a debt crisis (101 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  It won't get to that point. (0+ / 0-)

    Barack Obama may say "I'm not negotiating", but if there's one thing Barack Obama is, it's a negotiator.

    And the first person he'll negotiate with will be himself: he will, as he always has, go to the bargaining table with an initial offer halfway between sanity and what the Republicans want, and then he'll pretend to be surprised and affronted when that's not good enough for them.

    And by the time the "bargaining" ends, the Republicans will - as they always have before from this President - be gloating about how they got 98% of what they wanted, and that they left loopholes to make sure that the other 2% will come their way in due course.

    Simple ineptitude at negotiation no longer explains this - it must be by intent, as any successful politician would have significantly better pattern-recognition skills. President Barack Obama is not on the side of the American people - he's on the side of Wall Street, and always has been.

    "Violence never requires translation, but it often causes deafness." - Bareesh the Hutt.

    by Australian2 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 08:47:42 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site