View Diary: Justice in Florida: Marissa Alexander gets a new trial (354 comments)

•  you missed the snark. it is a well known snark. (5+ / 0-)

unless a comment is made on every comment that has not been uprated in 3 1/2 hours, I think I am being piled upon.

There are comments above in the same snark vein as mine with no comments from the posse.

give the NRA the Royal Flush join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 07:44:28 PM PDT

•  I didn't miss the snark (5+ / 0-)

And I know it well.

It is precisely that snark to which I was responding. Your juvenile "oopsie", coupled with the fact that you clearly do not know what you're talking about, has finally exhausted my patience... which, if you care to look back over my long comment history on gun issues, is pretty hard to do. That despite being not only an original member of RKBA, but one of the most radical members of the group.

Since I almost never (I think single digits in seven years) give TRs in gun-related diaries, I decided to go the "shit or get off the pot" route.

--Shannon

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata Salazar
      "Dissent is patriotic. Blind obedience is treason." --me

by Leftie Gunner on Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 08:29:46 PM PDT

•  "help help I'm being repressed" (2+ / 0-)
      PavePusher, Tom Seaview

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.” ~ Joseph Heller, Catch-22

by 43north on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 05:39:58 AM PDT

•  No, what's going on here is that a few (2+ / 1-)
      coquiero, a2nite
      Hidden by:
      Tom Seaview

lost squirrels from the Daily Kos gun nut club have found a nut and are trying to bury it with boorishness on the internet.

{yawn}

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 07:48:24 AM PDT

•  We can't help being fluffy and cute. (1+ / 0-)
        Tom Seaview

Don't be hatin' on our adorableness.

And who exactly are you calling "nut"?

lost squirrels from the Daily Kos gun nut club have found a nut

by 43north on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 09:18:12 AM PDT

•  Disrespect for those (4+ / 0-)

who disagree seems to be a hallmark of the gun control advocates on this blog.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 09:35:44 AM PDT

•  So which is pot? And which is kettle? (3+ / 0-)
            coquiero, a2nite, Glen The Plumber

Some kossacks seem to have their teflon coat irreparably tattered, while others are made of steel. I like to think I'm in the latter group. YMMV.

Is this what you call respectful disagreement? Excuse me while I LOL that someone thought squirrel or nut was an insult at Daily Kos.

You had to fuck it up. (10+ / 0-)

OMwordTHRUdaFOG, buddabelly, 43north, Kasoru, oldpunk, Kentucky Kid, not4morewars, Tom Seaview, Captain Janeway, Joy of Fishes

MB just showed quite a bit of maturity by owning up to a mistake of simple human fallibility without hiding behind the fact that it was simply human fallibility. An honest Mea Culpa.

And rather than allow him the dignity of his authentic apology, you had to jump in and devalue his act by trying to rationalize an excuse.

You are revolting.

by JayFromPA on Mon Sep 23, 2013 at 07:16:58 PM PDT
            May I suggest that last line is what an insult looks like.

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 10:43:31 AM PDT

•  Not a shining example of abuse. (1+ / 0-)
              happy camper

Let's look at the whole comment thread, not the selected retort:

by 43north on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 10:49:36 AM PDT

•  Not a shining example of respect either (2+ / 0-)
                coquiero, Glen The Plumber

But I'm not the one complaining that someone took time to engage with a clever follow up to your leading comment about finding a nut.

I must admit I have a soft spot for clever wordsmiths, so when someone takes time to compose a clever retort, I consider it a compliment.

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 11:01:37 AM PDT

•  Yes, Lilith, what 43 north is telling you is that (2+ / 0-)
                Glen The Plumber, LilithGardener

you simply need to see the context of "You are revolting", then suddenly it isn't an insult!

But "gun nut"--well there's no context where that is anything but the most offensive thing know to mankind, and it must be hidden from the view of all decent, God-fearing folk out there.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 11:23:23 AM PDT

•  But no comment (0+ / 0-)

on DOC's obvious dickishness. And it's OK for you to disparage others then mock them when they point it out...

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Sat Sep 28, 2013 at 06:53:51 AM PDT

•  I can't uprate you Lilith because you did call (5+ / 0-)

people squirrels. That does cancel out them calling me all those names and uprating each other.

This all started because I used the forbidden word that RKBA cannot tolerate.  Oopsie. I know they can't tolerate it and I have said it in 178 comments. Not too often lately. I guess it will be in many more now because it is again in my signature line.

Who knows I may be forced to change it to O****e. RKBA finds it so offensive.

Remember they are offended by oopsie, so the tolerance level is very low.

'Oopsie I lost it, forgot it, it just went off' join Stop The NRA

by 88kathy on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 10:16:59 AM PDT

•  Right, and why is squirrel automatically (4+ / 0-)
          laserhaas, 88kathy, Miggles, coquiero

a negative moniker?

I think squirrels are cute industrious creatures. They rearrange the crocus and blue bell bulbs in our tiny garden and give us some surprising flowers every spring!

Of course, if someone thinks of squirrels as varmints and that the only good squirrels are the ones that happen to meet the open barrel of a gun? Yeah, I guess that could be a disturbing analogy, if that's the chosen interpretation.

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 10:25:24 AM PDT

•  IMO - Rules of decorum and skin thickness (1+ / 0-)
          88kathy

are Whacked - in this realm - GREATLY!

But still lots of wonderful people

and Fantastic discussions

• Republicans (29)
  • Climate Change (27)
  • Spam (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site