View Diary: The Republican Party blunders on an epic scale (23 comments)

•  I'm not unhappy, if that's what you mean (2+ / 0-)
    CwV, rlb

Look, I would love it if we had a responsible, adult, loyal opposition that critiqued our ideas and confined themselves to constitutional means of opposition.

But if we have an opposition that is criminally stupid and bent on hijacking the government via unconstitutional means, then better that they are stupid and prone to blunders like this one.

•  JCW - You can't HR in your own diary (1+ / 0-)
      Brecht

You have been here long enough to know the site rules. You can't HR in your own diary, it's a clear violation. In addition, HRs are to be used only to remove comments that are so offensive that they should be "hidden" from the public, so as not to embarrass the site. My comment doesn't come close and I would ask you to please remove your HR.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Sat Sep 28, 2013 at 08:55:37 PM PDT

•  Really. (0+ / 0-)

Only gun owners can control their guns and they say oopsie way too much. I lost it, I forgot it, it just went off. Support Gun Kill Speed Limits and Gun Ownership Speed Limits.

by 88kathy on Sat Sep 28, 2013 at 11:07:00 PM PDT

•  Yes, really (1+ / 0-)
          Brecht

Diary authors can't HR in their own diary. If you think about it, it's a good rule. Authors who attract HR's in their tip jars would be inclined to HR back.

JCW is clearly out of line on two counts. He violated site rules because he is the diary author, and my comment was hardly HR worthy.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 07:13:14 AM PDT

•  This is where someone would post a link to what (0+ / 0-)

they were talking about. Really.

by 88kathy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 09:47:15 AM PDT

•  If I have time today I'll go find it (1+ / 0-)
              Brecht

but it has been in several kos diaries where he has discussed the valid use of HRs.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 09:49:56 AM PDT

•  Ok - I almost never HR and only get HR'd by RKBA (0+ / 0-)

so I know little about it.

My personal rule is to never HR someone I hate. And I almost never feel like HRing someone I don't hate.

by 88kathy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 10:35:00 AM PDT

•  You said that we should be happy the GOP was (0+ / 0-)

scorching the earth because we will win. That was a fucked up comment no matter how you look at it. I think it is safe to say very few people here feel that way.

by 88kathy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 10:51:41 AM PDT

•  kathy - you misunderstood my comment (1+ / 0-)
                  Brecht

and likely the diary author did as well. I never said we should be happy for the shutdown, but rather happy that the GOP was committing a "blunder". My comment was on the political cost to the GOP, rather than the unfortunate outcomes that would result from a shutdown.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 01:08:28 PM PDT

•  JCWilmore, that's HR abuse on two counts, as Vclib (0+ / 0-)

said. You're never allowed to HR in your own diary;

And there is nothing offensive or insulting in VClib's comment, that needs to be hidden.

You've been here for eight years, you should know better than this. Please remove your HR.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 01:36:20 PM PDT