View Diary: Sunday Train: Unleashing the Political Power of Bio-Coal (128 comments)

•  Coal is not people living in the country. (0+ / 0-)

Coal is not the country.

Cutting coal off at the knees is not disrespecting people. Its disrespecting wealth that motivates the massive damage that Big Coal imposes on the people in this country.

Support Lesbian Creative Works with Yuri anime and manga from ALC Publishing

by BruceMcF on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 06:41:08 PM PDT

•  Sigh. (0+ / 0-)

When you care about nothing, I suppose you are free to do anything.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:49:12 PM PDT

•  I care about people. I care about my kid, ... (0+ / 0-)

... and my grandkid.

I don't care about the bank balances of the owners of Coal Companies. It is, after all, primarily ill-gotten gains as a result of shifting costs onto the environment and the public while keeping a large share of the benefits to themselves.

Support Lesbian Creative Works with Yuri anime and manga from ALC Publishing

by BruceMcF on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 03:16:32 AM PDT

•  If you care about your kid and your grandkid, you (0+ / 0-)

might do well to think about laws, principles, freedoms and the role of government.  They will have to live in the world we leave them.

Trading liberty to make CO2 reduction a little easier doesn't sound any more  appealing than trading liberty for security.

The incredible upheavals that will be needed will leave us ripe for  authoritarian government as it is, we don't need to get a head start.

When I think about my kids, I want them to live in a better nation than I do, and a better world, for that matter.  In that world, we are constrained by laws, rights and freedoms.  That means we don't simply say, "I hate coal companies and I'm going after their nasty asses.  Hell, why not send in the National Guard and kill them all. Wait! I've got a better idea! Let's nuke the crap out of 'em.  We don't need West Virginia, anyway."

That doesn't mean we don't get their nasty asses.
          We have to.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 05:57:14 AM PDT

•  ASSERTING our liberty is not infringing it. (0+ / 0-)

Big Coal is infringing on our liberty. They will all go bankrupt if required to pay for the full cost of the damage that their activity does.

No longer permitting them to continue to infringe upon our is no infringement on theirs.

Support Lesbian Creative Works with Yuri anime and manga from ALC Publishing

by BruceMcF on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 11:37:42 PM PDT

•  Depends on how you do it. When ends justify (0+ / 0-)

means, then everything else becomes meaningless.

Hell of  a legacy for your kids.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 03:10:14 AM PDT

•  That's an entirely generic response. (0+ / 0-)

There's a specific means of doing it laid out in the diary. What is it that you object to regarding those means?

There is nothing unjust about the means, so they do not require to be "made just" by the ends.

Support Lesbian Creative Works with Yuri anime and manga from ALC Publishing