View Diary: Everything I hate about Obamacare (hint: It's the GOP) (64 comments)

•  How is he purchasing (2+ / 0-)
    sewaneepat, Dave in Northridge

something that doesn't exist?  Your BIL is not a very good exemplar for the workings/not workings of Obamacare.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 06:54:46 AM PDT

•  Is my father-in-law lying? (0+ / 0-)

That would be weird since he works for the federal government on ObamaCare and is helping my BIL get enrolled. Are you saying that they're both lying? Or are you saying that it doesn't exists YET, which I know?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:03:18 AM PDT

•  I'm saying no one (0+ / 0-)

in the entire country can enroll for Obamacare until tomorrow.  Coverage begins 1/1/14.  I didn't call anyone a liar -- I asked how your BiL can be paying 107 dollars for a policy that doesn't exist.  Now you are saying that your father in law is helping your BIL enroll -- which means he isn't paying $107 and based on fraudulent information.

Your words, not mine.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:12:55 AM PDT

•  I said he "is purchasing"... (0+ / 0-)

not "is paying." I suppose I wasn't clear enough. My brother in law will be signing up on day one, at a cost of about $107/month for a high deductible plan. Unless he gets seriously ill or injured, he will be paying almost all of his medical expenses out of pocket, just as he does today. Meanwhile, the insurance companies will be collecting his money and taxpayer money to pay for the catastrophic plan. And the best part for the insurance company is that they are nearly guaranteed at least a 15% profit on the premiums alone. That doesn't include what they will make on investing the unearned premiums.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:41:19 AM PDT

•  From healthcare.gov (0+ / 0-)

in response to the question;  When will prices be available?

Prices of Marketplace plans have not been set yet. Prices will be available October 1, 2013, when open enrollment starts and you can begin shopping.
            Your brother in law is pocketing 100% of his income -- he'll be subsidized at honest tax payers' expense.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:45:41 AM PDT

•  Prices are available to insiders. (0+ / 0-)

Read what I wrote; My father-in-law works on ObamaCare for the government in HHS.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:58:55 AM PDT

• Recommended (153)
  • Community (68)
  • 2016 (46)
  • Environment (43)
  • Elections (41)
  • Bernie Sanders (39)
  • Culture (38)
  • Republicans (38)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Education (29)
  • Climate Change (29)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (26)
  • Labor (25)
  • Media (24)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • GOP (23)
  • Civil Rights (23)
  • Congress (22)
  • Spam (22)
  • Economy (21)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site