View Diary: The purpose of a gun (572 comments)

•  No drawl and no gun to draw.... (11+ / 0-)

How infuriating that these bike riding urban people dare tell us that guns aren't like pickles.   Only folk living in Methland have the expertise to tell us that guns don't kill people.

HEY COGNITIVE INFILTRATORS! I googled "confirmation bias" and Daily Kos raided my house! And and and smashed my hard drives! Ask CNN, it's all truthy!

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:12:22 AM PDT

•  If you don't think that 'Methland' is good enough (2+ / 0-)
      shaktidurga, andalusi

for the Democratic Party, you are doing a heckuva job ensuring they won't be there.

Fortunately, I don't think the Party shares your enthusiasm.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 10:12:03 AM PDT

•  There's more bike riders than gun extremists (1+ / 0-)
        trumpeter

voting democratic.  But thanks for your deep CONCERN.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 10:15:43 AM PDT

•  That would explain why we pedal so fast here in (0+ / 0-)

"Methland".

It's not 'concern', son.
          It's reality.
          As demonstrated by your unprecedented achievements in Colorado.
          Congratulations on that, BTW.
          I'm certain the Party was every bit as impressed as I was.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 10:31:18 AM PDT

•  Gun laws stand and no sign of repeal. (4+ / 0-)

Wishing you and your NRA buds many more such victories, Love, People who Know the Difference between Pickles and Guns.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 11:41:16 AM PDT

•  And two Democrats do not. (0+ / 0-)

Thank you for illustrating that gun controllers care more about their little pet issue than they care about the Party.

The Party will take notice.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 11:44:58 AM PDT

•  Dems still control the legislature. Because (5+ / 0-)

your people couldn't manage any greater revenge.

Seems to me that we don't even have to weigh partisan interests against protecting the public. Dems in control, laws passed, and you're left with only concern actual democrats don't share.

Really, Frank, if you're not going to offer us NRA money or a bullet, you've got nothing.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 11:54:25 AM PDT

•  Yes. Your viewpoint only managed to.... (0+ / 0-)

lose two Democratic incumbents in Democratic districts in elections in a non-election year.....in a state where there had never been as much as a successful recall petition and 20%-30% of Democrats voted for the recall....all with a 6-1 spending advantage.

Congratulations on your big win!
                  It makes your 'big win' in SC pale in comparison!

I've got good news for you son......
                  There's a lot more of that type of 'winning' in the near future.
                  I look forward to congratulating you on them.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 12:09:40 PM PDT

•  Well, it also managed to get gun laws passed, kept (1+ / 0-)
                    Shotput8

You lost the only thing you give a shit about, the gun laws.  And I won what matters, gun laws, and CO legislative control.

Instead of repeal, you settled for revenge, which was only carried out on two legislators, leaving those CO democrats in control.  Maybe those two felt your wrath, but all the others know just how safe they are now, as do I.  Now you want to pretend that everything went just the way you drew it up in the NRA office, and we should all be fretful. I guess if the worst thing in life was getting concern trolling, I'd never want to see another gun law attempted again.  But it's not.  I think it's about dead kids.

But go ahead and call me "son" and lecture me on what I should care about.  I'm old enough to be your mom's first husband, and have a better perspective than yours.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 01:33:14 PM PDT

•  I care for more than just gun laws. (0+ / 0-)

For instance, I also care about Democrats winning elections.
                      Two things we clearly have contrary viewpoints of.

"Leaving those CO Democrats in control"
                      Two of which didn't vote for the gun bill & are staunchly pro-gun rights.
                      Your Bloomberg Democrat take over is already finished. All that is left are the electoral consequences.

"And we should be fretful"
                      Oh no, I would prefer you gun controllers to be oblivious & push for gun control even harder.
                      Lets put your Bloomberg bullshit to rest for good.

"And have a better perspective"
                      How did that work out for you in Colorado?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 01:45:52 PM PDT

•  No, you don't. (2+ / 0-)
                        Shotput8, poco

That's why you can't stand it that I can look at the results in CO and be satisfied with a) gun laws and b) democratic control.  You hate gun laws and don't care if democrats retain control.

You lost this round, Frank.  Isn't there a gun massacre that you should be busy explaining away?

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 01:55:06 PM PDT

•  You are satisfied with the results in CO (0+ / 0-)

and you think you won?!?

Fortunately for me, the party sees it differently.
                          Fortunately for you, you will be able to take the credit  for even more of this particular brand of 'winning'.

Works for me.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 02:23:38 PM PDT

•  Then it's settled. (2+ / 0-)
                            Glen The Plumber, coquiero

I'll be satisfied with gun laws and control of CO and you'll stop concern trolling democrats, since we're both happy.

Yep.  I'll gladly answer to actual democrats and actual victims of guns for any strategies I back.  Thanks for your faux concern, Frank, we'll take it from here.

"One faction of one party in one House of Congress in one branch of government doesn't get to shut down the entire government just to refight the results of an election."

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 02:35:38 PM PDT

•  You & Bloomberg will take it from here. (0+ / 0-)

You've done so smashingly thus far.

However, I & Democrats that respect the liberties of innocent Americans will take it on the morning of Nov 5, 2014.

It's alright. It won't be the first time we've had to fix your debacles.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 06:05:53 PM PDT

•  Yep. CO gun laws booked, CO dems in control, (1+ / 0-)
                            coquiero

and various concern trolls chasing their tails.

But you go ahead and try to "fix" it by repealing the gun laws.  I'm pretty sure you and the NRA have shot your wad.   That's why you spend more time trying to convince people to be scared of you all.  But Frank, nobody dresses up as a NRA concern troll for holloween.  It's not scary.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 06:23:06 PM PDT

•  With two Democrats that voted against the laws (0+ / 0-)

and the rest of them noting that 20%-30% of Democrats voted for the recall.

If you think that losing two seats & $3 mil in unprecedented & humiliating defeats are big wins, good for you, but the party (and anyone but the most oblivious of ideologues) sees it differently.

But don't let that get you down....you have so many more 'big wins' ahead of you.
                            I will be sure to congratulate you for them!

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 06:58:03 PM PDT

•  Gun laws still on the book, dems in control of CO. (1+ / 0-)
                            coquiero

That's what's important.  And not just to me, Frank.  To you, too.

This pretense that you have any interest except repealing the laws or heading off new ones is getting pretty tiresome, now that you've tipped your hand by announcing you're going to "fix" things by working against democrats and for repeal.

Well, see you around, Frank; I wish you and your NRA fellow travelers similar victories in every state of the union.   And enjoy eating your own liver as I make sure nobody buys your bullshit in the Democratic party.

by Inland on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:39:20 PM PDT

•  Exactly! A 'big win'! The party is taking note of (0+ / 0-)

your impressive 'victory' in Colorado, and that is a good thing, don't you think?

"tipped your hand by announcing you're going to "fix" things by working against democrats and for repeal."
                            I was referring to having to fix your election loses....or what you laughingly refer to as 'winning'.
                            Do try to keep up, son.
                            I can't slow this down much more for you.

"nobody buys your bullshit in the Democratic party."
                            There's definitely some bullshit the Democratic party isn't going to be buying again for a looooong time.

Your viewpoint has already peaked.
                            It is marvelous that you don't recognize that.
                            I'll be sure to congratulate you on more of your 'wins' on your way back to irrelevancy.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 08:06:20 PM PDT

•  Thanks, the democrats will go ahead. (0+ / 0-)

I dont know who you mean by "the party". I really don't care what the GOP or NRA are disseminating, just as you don't care about democrats. See you fighting Dems at the ballot box.  I'm sure you'll be as successful as you were here, wasting everyone's time with transparent propaganda.

by Inland on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 05:32:05 AM PDT

•  I mean the Democratic Party. (0+ / 0-)

The Party you led to humiliating & unprecedented defeats.

Something you, tellingly, consider a 'win'.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 05:48:24 AM PDT

•  Oh, you did? (0+ / 0-)

My, my, my.

Well, good luck on your planet. I'll live on the one where CO has gun laws and NRA shills are spinning in lieu of victory.

by Inland on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 06:09:59 AM PDT

•  If you consider Democrats losing elections to be (0+ / 0-)

victory, then you are a big winner.

Sit tight, son.
                            You will have even more 'victories' to celebrate.

Fortunately the Party has a more reality-based approach to what they consider victories.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 06:13:58 AM PDT

•  Laws getting passed is all that counts. (0+ / 0-)

I'm not invested in the jobs of two guys. Laws on the books plus future dem control is what we work for.

Feel free to throw us in that briar patch.

by Inland on Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 06:23:50 AM PDT

• Recommended (127)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Science (21)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site