View Diary: Poll: Will The CR & Debt Ceiling Debate Morph Into "Grand Bargain" Including S.S. Chained CPI? (93 comments)

•  I'm sure you do. (1+ / 0-)
      6412093

Name your charity, pledge your money, and we'll see.

I triple dog dare you. :)

"Much of movement conservatism is a con and the base is the marks." -- Chris Hayes

by raptavio on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 08:59:35 PM PDT

•  You sure like bragging about how much money (7+ / 0-)

you can throw around.  Dude, relax.  Stop the histrionics.  This is just a simple online poll.

•  Hi. n/t (2+ / 0-)
          Ray Pensador, churchylafemme

"Politeness is wasted on the dishonest, who will always take advantage of any well-intended concession." - Barrett Brown

by 3rdOption on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 09:16:55 PM PDT

•  No it is not just a simple online poll. (4+ / 0-)

This part of your diary is poll.

Will the current CR and upcoming debt limit crisis set the stage for "Grand Bargain" negotiations, including chained CPI?

48%    34 votes
          51%    36 votes
          70 votes

This part is not a poll.
          This diary is inspired by the debate going on in the diary written by joanneleon, "Breaking! It was about the Grand Bargain all along."

As I've mentioned before, I've determined a while back that the entire U.S. corporate media landscape is the most powerful and effective propaganda machine the world has ever seen, and because of it, I don't usually subject myself to it, except during extraordinary conditions in order to further my continuous (amateur) research on propaganda...

And thus, I've been watching the trash peddled by the U.S. corporate media during the last few days, and I've determined that Joann is unto something.

After watching a hideous parade of buffoons regurgitating talking points, I've come to this conclusion:

As days go by and the government shutdown continues, the vitriolic invective is going to rise, both in the sorry ass political class, and in the population in general.  Fear and angst is going to escalate.  That's the "Shock Doctrine" part of the charade.
          This then is going to set the stage for the continuing resolution to fund the government, and the debt ceiling debate morphing into the so-called Grand Bargain negotiation, which is basically euphemism for more "austerity" (oppression and exploitation), including changing social security cost-of-living adjustments to chained CPI

I just see this as a predictable continuation of the imposition of neoliberalism (taking down the public sector in favor of privatization).
          Now, this of course is just my conclusion about how I see this whole thing developing.  But since it is a prediction, and we all know that that's always a dicey proposition (predicting the future), I'm going to ask you to share your own predictions by participating in the poll below: Will this current budget and upcoming debt limit crisis morph into "Grand Bargain" negotiation, including imposing chained CPI on social security payment adjustments, for the first time in history?

I commend you on your sophisticated use of the "just asking questions" defense--but its still the same shit whether its the Fox News Question Mark, "I'm Just Asking Questions", or  "its just poll man".

"Empty vessels make the loudest sound, they have the least wit and are the greatest blabbers" Plato

by Empty Vessel on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 09:25:01 PM PDT

•  Oh, so you din't like the diary and decided to (5+ / 0-)

go into a histrionic fit over it.  Okay, got it.  Are you done now?

You have to be willfully blind not to see the clear trajectory of neoliberal policies during the last several years, with the latest one being the so-called sequester.

•  No (3+ / 0-)
              American Zapatista, 6412093, raptavio

Just pointing out that you seemingly don't know the difference between a poll and text.  Your diary has both, and is therefore not a simple poll, as you stated.

Words, they actually mean things.

as for your histrionic stuff--man up and take a bet.  If you are wrong, you will publish no diaries for 2 months.  If I am wrong, I will not post diaries for 2 months.  To put it more simply, if a grand bargain is passed by the end of the month, I will not post till January.  If it is not passed by the end of the month, you will not post till January.

by Empty Vessel on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 09:43:32 PM PDT

•  Niiice. (0+ / 0-)

But challenging Ray to put his (metaphorical or actual) money where his mouth is, of course, has been dubbed 'histrionics.'

by raptavio on Thu Oct 03, 2013 at 07:41:23 AM PDT

•  Com'n brother Ray (2+ / 0-)
              raptavio, serendipityisabitch

put up a $5 bet. What the heck.

“The answer must be, I think, that beauty and grace are performed whether or not we will or sense them. The least we can do is try to be there.” ― Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

by 6412093 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 10:23:47 PM PDT

•  Translation: (0+ / 0-)

"Ray Pensador lacks the courage of his convictions."

by raptavio on Thu Oct 03, 2013 at 06:14:25 AM PDT