View Diary: Week one, still no access to healthcare.gov for states with no exchanges. (271 comments)

•  Still Not Letting Me In (4+ / 0-)
    Cpqemp, PJEvans, CupofTea, Sylv

I've set up an account and I get to a page which indicates it  has accepted my username and password  (a success URL), but the screen is blank.

I'm not concerned because I've been able to shop plans at the website of the Insurance company I will be most likely choosing, but it would be nice to get acess to healtcare.gov

Illinois screwed up when it didn't set up a real marketplace site of its own.  Once the state site figures you are not eligible for Medicaid, you get sent to healthcare.gov.

•  What browser are you using? nt (0+ / 0-)

Came for the politics, stayed for the pooties.

by DreamyAJ on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 02:31:06 PM PDT

•  Someone else mentioned getting (0+ / 0-)

a blank page with chrome, maybe try another one, just in case it's a compatibility issue? I sometimes have trouble with IE vs chrome and go back and forth depending on which site I'm dealing with.

Came for the politics, stayed for the pooties.

by DreamyAJ on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 02:45:51 PM PDT

•  I had read (0+ / 0-)

somewhere not to use anything but IE.

Which kills me. Man, I would love to know who actually built this thing. They need, at the very least, slapped around a little bit just for using Oracle! ;)

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 03:06:48 PM PDT

•  I'm not fond of Oracle but (0+ / 0-)

that's because I'm more familiar with SQL Server, not because I know anything particularly negative about Oracle. My impression is that until recently, it could manage larger datasets than SQL Server could. What's wrong with Oracle?

Regarding IE... I used to work for a start-up company that had a web-based app during the original browser wars, Netscape vs IE, when there was a new version out every other week or so. It is a nightmare trying to build an app that works the same in all browsers. I am so glad to be out of that line of work.

Came for the politics, stayed for the pooties.

by DreamyAJ on Sun Oct 06, 2013 at 05:09:26 PM PDT

•  Firefox. (0+ / 0-)

I don't believe that is the issue. I was able to create the account, but trying to get past the initial registration to see and purchase the plans isn't working. Every thing you are instructed to do isn't working or gets times out.

What is so unnerving about the candidacy of Sarah Palin is the degree to which she represents—and her supporters celebrate—the joyful marriage of confidence and ignorance. SAM HARRIS

by Cpqemp on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 02:40:54 PM PDT

•  Yes. I'm suspecting the state run models (1+ / 0-)
      tytalus

are going to be the most efficient.  We've got hundreds of workers at a call center and they are still suggesting a facilitator or broker the first couple of weeks.

Romney's whole business was about maximizing debt, extracting cash, cutting head counts, skimping on capital spending, outsourcing production, and dressing up the deal for the earliest, highest-profit exit possible. -- David Stockman.

by CupofTea on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 02:45:40 PM PDT