View Diary: Top Comments: Socially Awkward People Problems Edition (128 comments)

•  I only had that experience once in my life. (2+ / 0-)
    lotac, cohenzee

My former partner Frank. Phermones. I could smell him a mile away.

Sadly, I still enjoy the smell of my late husband as I have been going through some of his winter clothes with a view of donating them to charity. Many of them still smell like him.

I'll make an admission which will be strange to many, but after he died I refused to sleep in our bed for months and only recently washed the sheets. I'll admit that I smelled them, and they smelled like him. I cried for hours.

The "Shot heard 'round the world" is now known as the "Pinochet Ricochet". --commonmass

by commonmass on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 08:59:15 PM PDT

•  Some people smell rather pleasant. (3+ / 0-)
      commonmass, cohenzee, Chrislove

As a result of a nasty blow to my head, I’ve begun making self fulfilling prophecies. I now live in fear of my own future. - UID 16382

by glb3 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 09:10:16 PM PDT

•  Like pie ... (3+ / 0-)
        cohenzee, commonmass, Chrislove

by glb3 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 09:11:59 PM PDT

•  ... or a cat. (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, Chrislove

by glb3 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 09:13:50 PM PDT

•  My cat, who is long-haired but a Ragdoll (1+ / 0-)
            Chrislove

(which means a shorthaired undercoat) hasn't a scent at all. Soft as the finest ermine, he only smells clean. EXCEPT: I had some of Terun's stuff pulled out and he slept on it and then he smelled like him. I have to keep something, because the cat and Terun were attached at the hip. He rolled in those clothes.

We both miss him so much.

by commonmass on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 09:19:14 PM PDT

•  That's very true. (1+ / 0-)
        Chrislove

Terun smelled pleasant but it's going to be difficult for me to get his stuff donated. My mother visited me for two weeks just last month and it was only then that I finally decided I should move into my room rather than the guest room. Terun died in February. It has been a very long adjustment process for me, and I don't mind saying so.

by commonmass on Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 09:15:27 PM PDT