View Diary: Using Veterans as Fodder, the 'cruzettes' and 'palinites' (44 comments)

•  What? (3+ / 0-)
    jimstaro, Vetwife, BlackSheep1
    and most of them, like you, haven't paid and weren't veterans
    Fuck you, I spent 12 years in the Navy and nearly lost my leg.  Go back to your imaginary world.

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 05:36:51 AM PDT

•  I Meant the (1+ / 0-)
      kharma

'Haven't paid', neither have I though in my case I didn't in the early years of these wars and now into forced retirement with no takes as to employment where I am, as to those few of us who have and still do!!!

Just added the rest to that for everyone else, the greater majority served!!!

"If military action is worth our troops' blood, it should be worth our treasure, too; not just in the abstract, but in the form of a specific ante by every American." -Andrew Rosenthal 10 Feb. 2013

by jimstaro on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 05:40:42 AM PDT

•  I don't know buddy... (0+ / 0-)

it must be me but I'm having a hard time following you.  I hope everything is well and if you need something, don't be afraid to seek out help and ask.  Have a good day.

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:08:11 AM PDT

•  So So (2+ / 0-)
          kharma, Vetwife

Slowly dug out of the hole the bush put us all in, mine luckily went blank but not into owed to someone, and now back to at least a cushion which was depleted, one doesn't get much on the early retirement funding but if smart one can save a few out of, just takes awhile.

But the concept is simple: Under the bush, starting before 9/11, they grew huge rapid deficits and we haven't paid that back yet. All the years since, and especially under Obama, the only thing really going on in congress is about the debt which brings us to today's shutdown and possible default, they don't mention what they created and the dems, except for a tiny few, do likewise, like all of this suddenly appeared with the change in the executive branch! My main concern is the wars of choice, free, and the veterans of, still grossly under funded, as the same who brung us use that good ole phony patriotism and symbols of and want even less of upholding their responsibility!!!!!!

by jimstaro on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:22:25 AM PDT

•  I agree that Bush's wars are unpaid for... (2+ / 0-)
            jimstaro, BlackSheep1

and illegal.  Can I ask, are you a veteran?

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:36:43 AM PDT

•  Yup (2+ / 0-)
              kharma, Vetwife

USN All Shore '67-'71 GMG3 Vietnam In Country '70-'71

And since that an advocate for and activist for the brothers and sisters.

Came back whole and only recently signed up with the VA as a main source of any care, especially as in December I go onto Medicare, when one's near and where I am presently there is.

These recent years should have been hammering the bushco and teabag congresses of, everytime they mentioned the deficit or anything to do with government responsibility, not only in the Dem ranks but the press as well, instead one hears crickets and if mentioned by a congress person it isn't spread !!

by jimstaro on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:46:55 AM PDT

•  Well thank you Sir! I'm honored to meet you. (1+ / 0-)
                jimstaro

Do you have family/friends close by that you get to see?

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:49:23 AM PDT

•  Well (1+ / 0-)
                  kharma

About 14hours drive north or south, not that close, but after being stuck here will be moving next year. Though now thinking of not moving that far. I'm north of Charlotte and thinking about Asheville, but still may head closer to the ties in FL. But at 65 plus by then, the beach thing doesn't look as inviting, being a, not, man of leisure, and certainly not a dirty old man, the girls on the beach would now just be that, young girls on the beach:c}. I keep wondering why the TV ads have all these youngsters in them, then it hits me;c}

by jimstaro on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 06:58:38 AM PDT

•  Asheville is a nice area.... (2+ / 0-)
                    jimstaro, Vetwife

and as for Florida,. if you are in Melbourne or Cocoa area, email me.  My wife and I would be honored to give you a warm bed and a hot meal while you scout out the area.  Either way, keep family close and fight on brother.

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 07:05:45 AM PDT

•  Older sister and her family (2+ / 0-)
                      kharma, Vetwife

Are on Sanibel, been there for years.

Have a niece and her family that were in Orlando, then Virginia and now back in FL near the big lake west of West Palm Beach.

Most of the rest are in upstate NY, come from a once large and still growing family.

by jimstaro on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 07:10:03 AM PDT

•  Thank you so much for your service. (2+ / 0-)
      jimstaro, kharma

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 07:40:19 AM PDT

•  Jim. I sincerely apologize for this comment... (0+ / 0-)

I was shooting from the hip.

by kharma on Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 02:24:46 PM PDT