View Diary: AFL-CIO policy director: 'No cover' for politicians on Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid cuts (162 comments)

•  Like POTUS setting his trap in 2011? The 11D (5+ / 0-)

masterpiece that gave us sequestration?  And Dems agreeing to Ryan-level spending as compromise to end Tea Party standoff?  You do know Reid's "clean bill" CR was at Ryan's spending #, right?

Man, I don't know how many more brilliant successes the bottom 50% OR the Democratic Party can survive...

As of 9pm 8/30/13: RETIRED Pie Warrior. Substance over Sh*t Flinging (as best as I am able) ~ JV

by JVolvo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 09:57:53 AM PDT

•  where did I say anybody won? (0+ / 0-)

I was pretty much trying to stick to the topic of this diary

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 10:27:54 AM PDT

•  "Reid is playing with them" to what end? I sure (1+ / 0-)
        quagmiremonkey

hope nothing like POTUS/Reid/Pelosi brilliantly "boxed R's into a trap" in 2011 -> Bush Obama Tax Cuts -> Sequestration -> Debt Ceiling Hostage (again) -> Govt Shutdown -> Reid passing Ryan's Fed Spending Level -> Social Security being mentioned by several high visibility Dems on same day as yesterday's victory.

Please, no more trapping/"playing with" RePugs re govt functioning.  We can't take many more victories.

by JVolvo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 10:36:36 AM PDT

•  jaysustapdancingchristo... (0+ / 0-)

just a word game, no CT, nothing profound

go write a grouse diary, kick a dog, whatever makes you feel better

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 10:58:09 AM PDT

•  I'll defend SS and criticize anyone (a Dem, gasp!) (2+ / 0-)
            maryabein, quagmiremonkey

who wants to "reform" it the way Pete Peterson, Paul Ryan, Rush Limbaugh and the Koch brothers agree with.

That makes me feel better.

Which side are you on?

by JVolvo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 12:23:26 PM PDT

•  yours, of course (0+ / 0-)

what did you think?

The reforms they've talked about previously would effect me directly and immediately. That's why I contact DC every single day of my life re: cuts to earned benefits. The last thing I want in this lifetime is to become a burden on my kids.

otherwise, just shoot me now

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Oct 18, 2013 at 12:31:17 PM PDT