View Diary: Murdoch & Fox News Engaged In Sockpuppet PR Campaign To Counter Bloggers (295 comments)

•  Nobody is suggesting (11+ / 0-)

Anyone herev is a sock. It's a diary about a corporate pr war against bloggers and journalists who go against the mainstream. The chamber of commerce attacks against greenwood was one example and now proof is out about FOX having a sophisticated network to do the same. I don't see how that's mccartyhism  and not a news story those interested in accuracy in media should be Interested in.

"These are established professionals that have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause, such is the mentality of most business professionals" -BoA/HBGary/CoC

by LieparDestin on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 03:18:33 PM PDT

•  The reaction to your diary by some here (5+ / 0-)

is amusing.

This site wasn't mentioned once in it. lol.

by DeadHead on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 03:35:40 PM PDT

•  Mostly because (7+ / 0-)

A) I know our readers can ferret out fox bots better than it can some of the more clandestine agency bots due to content and style as well as length of infiltration

B) these were probably used more against yahoo and other such sites as well as smaller easier to intimidate bloggers covering Fox screw ups or hacking involvement. Fox really hates media matters so I'm sure they had an division of this just for them

by LieparDestin on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 03:41:40 PM PDT

•  heh, 2 prolific posters with very strong positions (5+ / 0-)

on sweeping govt intrusions into citizens privacy take this non-DKos specific diary personally.

Weird...

As of 8/30/13: RETIRED Pie Warrior. Substance over Sh*t Flinging (as best as I am able). Sarcasm for and Derision of Happy Clappy True Believers still available 24/7, you betcha!

by JVolvo on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 06:10:55 PM PDT

•  I disagree (1+ / 0-)
      artmartin

While your intent might not have been to do so the fact is your diary opened up an oppurtunity for exactly what I said the next round of paranoid mccarthistic accusations.

If you don't believe me then I humbly suggest you go criticize saint greenwald and see how well that goes.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 04:11:29 PM PDT

•  im not saying he is a saint (5+ / 0-)

but his work is some of the best around. its sad that there arent more journalists with whose personal opinions/traits that you agree with, but sometimes you have to take what you get. The grand scheme of his work remains legit and he is the closet thing we have to a Seymour Hersh at the moment. Ill take him over a Judith miller anyday. Plenty of more reputable organizations had the Snowden documents and towed the gov/corporate line and went on talking about Twerking. Thank god (or religious being of your choice) that The Guardian did not fold and has now forced even the most conservative of papers into having to write about the NSA abuse

by LieparDestin on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 04:26:06 PM PDT

•  :shrug: (0+ / 0-)

and I think his work is over exaggerated. I think his overwhelming raging basis against the democrats and Obama in specific feeds into his juvenile 'both sides do it' libertarian bullshit. I think in general that when Greenwald has a point it's in the same vein that a broken clock can be right.

That's just my opinion of the man and his work though.

The difference is that I don't go around trying to smear those that disagree. And no that's not a specific accusation against you, as I said if you say that wasn't your intent then that wasn't your intent. But you can't deny it does happen at least I would hope you wouldn't try to. And your diary as written feeds into that.

So again just my opinion but if I were you and my diary opened up a line, an opinion I didn't support I would edit my diary to deny that.

But that's just me.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 07:01:35 PM PDT

•  You sure about this? : (3+ / 0-)
            The difference is that I don't go around trying to smear those that disagree.

by DeadHead on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 08:12:06 PM PDT

•  And the CoC (3+ / 0-)

and BOA do. And its people like Greenwald and progressive activists. That's the whole point....

The difference is that I don't go around trying to smear those that disagree.

by LieparDestin on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 04:21:24 AM PDT

•  Greenwald is not a progressive activist (0+ / 0-)

he's a man with an ax to grind against the democrats. Do you even read what he writes?

Yeah I know  that BOA and CoC where going to try smear him (never happened though) so what? Like I said Greenwald is the proverbial broken watch that occasionally gets it right. Though probably the better analogy is he's like a dog that barks all the time and once in a blue moon he's actually barking at something.

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 04:37:58 PM PDT

•  I could care less (0+ / 0-)

his political affiliation. Unless you are saying domestic surveillance is a democratic issue. Because that's the ax it appears he has to grind.  If the story is there and hes the only one covering it, Im damn glad hes doing it regardless of what administration is currently in office. Do I wish someone had done it sooner? Sure, many did, but they did not have the documentation or were too afraid to go forward with it.

by LieparDestin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 05:32:03 AM PDT