View Diary: NY Post Names My Memoir a "Must-Read" [PLUS: Live in NYC? My Book Event Is Thursday. Come See Me!] (76 comments)

•  You should republish this every day right (4+ / 0-)

up until Thursday, so that a lot of people see it.

Congratulations.

I am going to try to make it out to Brooklyn on Th. night.

These are the people from the meet up list that live in the NY,
    NJ area, if you would like to Kos mail them.

belinda ridgewood
     sidnora
     hayden
     blue jersey mom
     ericlewis0
     kathny
     Eddie C
     ask
     joanbooker

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 06:44:48 PM PDT

•  Thanks so much, rubyr. If you come, please (2+ / 0-)
      rubyr, mattc129

introduce yourself.

I just emailed the NYC Kos group. Do you think they'll get the email, or should I email them individually?

"If the Jew who struggles for justice for Palestine is considered anti-Semitic, & if Palestinians seeking self-determination are so accused...then no oppositional move can take place w/o risking the accusation." - Judith Butler

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 06:46:49 PM PDT

•  Individually, if you have the time. Those (1+ / 0-)
        David Harris Gershon

group emails are strange because there is no indication of a new message, so unless a person is checking all of the time, the messages don't get seen.

Even better, you could ask sidnora for the NY meet up email list. She might be happy to share it. I see no reason why not, unless there is something I'm not thinking of and if there is, blame it on me.  :-)

by rubyr on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 06:55:53 PM PDT

•  Hi David, please see my comment below. (1+ / 0-)
        David Harris Gershon

I wish you'd gotten in touch sooner. As it is, I can't use the NYC meetup list to promote your event, because it is for DK meetups only (if I made an exception for one person, I'd have to make many such exceptions, and people have subscribed to the list on the understanding that it's for meetups only).

I suggest that you kosmail the people rubyr suggested individually, and I will republish this diary to the NYC group. I am also really bummed that I can't be there myself Thursday, as I wrote below. Break a leg!

by sidnora on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 07:52:18 PM PDT

•  I'm so sorry I forgot! (1+ / 0-)
          sidnora

I didn't think I was going to have a NYC event, and it's been difficult to keep up with everything.

Totally my bad.

I'll kosmail individual people -- no worries. Wish you could be there!

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 07:58:46 PM PDT

•  I wish I could be there too. (1+ / 0-)
            David Harris Gershon

Now I'll just have to walk into the store and buy the book, hoping that someday we'll meet and I'll get you to sign it.

Come to think of it, have you considered doing an event at Netroots Nation next summer (it's going to be in Detroit)? The Progressive Book Club usually has a booth in the exhibit hall, and lots of authors come there to meet, greet and sign copies of their books.

by sidnora on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 08:05:45 PM PDT

•  I'd love to do an event at NN. (1+ / 0-)
              sidnora

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 08:11:50 PM PDT

•  I'm not sure who you should contact about it (2+ / 0-)

whether someone from NN or from the Progressive Book Club.

I also realized that, while I am honor-bound not to contact the DK meetup list for this, I have no such prohibition about contacting my non-DK friends, of whom many live within walking distance of Beth Elohim.

by sidnora on Sun Oct 20, 2013 at 08:23:42 PM PDT