View Diary: We're not letting that Nebraska judge get away with it. (67 comments)

•  Hi gch. missed you at the meetup yesterday! nt (5+ / 0-)
    LilithGardener, Puddytat, fb, gchaucer2, blue91

"Don't Bet Against Us" - President Barack Obama

by MRA NY on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 01:06:02 PM PDT

•  oh, and I signed! nt (6+ / 0-)

"Don't Bet Against Us" - President Barack Obama

by MRA NY on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 01:06:59 PM PDT

•  I am sorry to have missed (1+ / 0-)
      MRA NY

you and others.  I was in NYC for an opera at the Met on Saturday so couldn't make another trek down on Sunday.

Hopefully the next meetup and I hope mconvente writes a diary about it -- with pics.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 04:20:06 PM PDT

•  Well, I'm glad it was something nice that kept (1+ / 0-)
        gchaucer2

you away!

Several people were taking pictures - I do expect a diary (or two).

We had a nice crowd, and as lovely a time as I had (at my very first meet-up!), I did miss getting to meet you.

As you say, maybe next time (I'm waiting to hear about a job in NJ.  If I get it, I'll commute for a few months from PA, then relocate to NJ - making it a little easier for me to participate).

"Don't Bet Against Us" - President Barack Obama

by MRA NY on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 07:21:34 PM PDT

•  Oh, a million thoughts (1+ / 0-)
          MRA NY

of good luck re: the job!!!!  A bit of a commute (to put it mildly) but waiting gives you a chance to find a good place to live.

I'm sorry I missed you as well.  I really like the folks in the tri-quatro state area -- I'm including CT!!!!

Let us know about the job!

by gchaucer2 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 07:24:26 PM PDT

•  yes, i will know by the end of the week. the (3+ / 0-)

interview was last Thursday and went exceptionally well (met with 7 people overall, and got very nice replies to my thank you notes from 4 of them, including the CEO).

I had to do three writing exercises for them.  I had until friday to complete them, sent them today.  they had already scheduled a couple interviews for today and tomorrow, but the CEO practically cut herself off mid-sentence headed toward telling me I practically had the job (she shared that the other candidates didn't have as strong a background, and that they had a weak response overall to their ad). I was there for almost 2 1/2 hrs!

It is such a perfect fit of my skills and experience.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.

(the commute is actually barely 50 minutes, I did that for years in upstate NY.  As long as I can avoid snow and ice storms, piece of cake!)

"Don't Bet Against Us" - President Barack Obama

by MRA NY on Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 07:31:21 PM PDT

•  just to clarify, i had until this coming Friday! (1+ / 0-)
              gchaucer2

wouldn't want people reading this to think I am a total idiot and ignored a deadline like that!  LOL

"Don't Bet Against Us" - President Barack Obama