View Diary: I Gotta Say: I Love Apple TV - Able to DROP Comcast! (85 comments)

•  Not a sports watcher here but (3+ / 0-)
    salmo, aliasalias, greengemini

I googled and found

How to watch live sports on Apple TV

WatchESPN Now  Available on Apple TV

This is all Greek to me, does it answer your question?

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 11:39:20 AM PDT

•  and (1+ / 0-)
      mjbleo

Who needs HBO with NetFlix variety?

Yes, there are food network programs available on either Netflix or Hulu, on line for that matter.

Live news coverage.  I'm going to get the HD antenna which offers all the local channels and more.

As far as Breaking News, I find that on line when I feel like tuning in which lately isn't very often.  It's all violence and faux news these days.

Between twitter, DailyKos, and democraticunderground, better coverage is available, imo.

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 11:43:07 AM PDT

•  who needs HBO?!?! (2+ / 0-)
        War on Error, mjbleo

Netflix is mainly network shows and comedies, which I'd rather have something shoved in my eye than watch...

HBO will not put its original content on an all-you-can-eat service.

Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Newsroom, Treme, etc....  plus their documentaries.

But I can get access to an HBO account until they get through their current provider contracts... their CEO has already hinted that they might be considering selling this to the public directly.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 11:47:07 AM PDT

•  You would really enjoy House of Cards (0+ / 0-)

UK and US version.  NetFlix original.

I've never been an HBO customer.

It's difficult to be happy knowing so many suffer. We must unite.

by War on Error on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 12:10:04 PM PDT

•  We have different tastes (2+ / 0-)
            mjbleo, War on Error

I despised House of Cards... I made it about 2/3 of the way through the first season of the American version because I really wanted to like it and only about 4 or 5 episodes into the UK version.

I live in DC and I couldn't get over how utterly and completely unrealistic it is.  After you spend years working in K Street lobbyist firms, the Hollywoodized hyper-scripted episode-packaged caricature of "Washington Power Politics" just looks silly.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Tue Oct 22, 2013 at 12:31:50 PM PDT

•  Yeah, I think I have the sports (2+ / 0-)
      mjbleo, salmo

NHL is better then most leagues with its web streaming.  You have to pay for it, but I'd do it gladly....

...if you are a HuLu customer or some other service, is Food Network on there?  Can you watch current stuff?  Like the day or week after it airs?  Or is it only a handful of shows that they choose to put on there?

..and how do you watch live news?  I don't want a library to watch last week's Ed Show or yesterday's Anderson Cooper's {whatever his show is called}... is there an AppleTV or Hulu option to watch live breaking news on MSNBC?

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky