View Diary: There's a reason Silicon Valley is Indigo Blue (172 comments)

•  As a tech company guy, I'd point out (1+ / 0-)
    grover

its actually a mouse click, but I do appreciate the 45 keystrokes it took to type that response.  I'm interpreting the extra dot in the ellipsis as a sign of just how much you care.

LOL...I wasn't kidding about the need for levity.  Thanks Bob: I knew I could count on you.

Красота спасет мир --F. Dostoevsky

by Wisper on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 12:33:06 PM PDT

•  Totally off topic, (2+ / 0-)
      celdd, Cali Scribe

Sorry you're having a crappy day.

If you're so inclined, I'm sitting here with a fresh pot of Italian roast coffee on the patio, while the dogs bake in the sun and songbirds are bathing in their kiddie pool. It's a slice of heaven.

There is a chair in the sun and the chaise lounge in the shade. The beagle hasn't claimed the chaise yet. I can keep it empty for you.

You're most welcome to join us.

© grover

by grover on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 12:52:37 PM PDT

•  Well, I work for a living....and I'm having a... (0+ / 0-)

...pretty damn good day, too!

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 01:04:05 PM PDT

•  My post here, very early this morning.... (0+ / 0-)

...directly discusses many of the dynamics associated with the now-highly-politicized tech/telecom industry; and, it directly dovetails with Kos' post, in which we're commenting, at the moment. The information in my post was also covered in the Daily Kos' (Roosevelt Institute's) Economics series of posts, also published here, earlier today.

Aside from snark, and rec'ing bullshit accusations of "conspiracy theories," what are you bringing to the discourse about this topic?

by bobswern on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 01:12:51 PM PDT

•  I'm bringing a touch of humanity to another (2+ / 0-)
            Aquarius40, DarkHawk98

Kossack. Maybe you missed the "Totally off topic" subject line.  There was no snark here.

Step back, Bob. I was reaching out to someone who indicated they were having a bad day, needing a bit of levity tends to imply that. If I was wrong, then I apologize for trying to be kind.

I didn't say a thing about you or anything you posted about.

Not everything in this world is about you.

Holy moly...

SMH.

© grover

by grover on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 01:27:42 PM PDT

•  I'm bringing a touch of reality to someone... (0+ / 0-)

...who rec'd a comment that said what I posted was a "conspiracy theory." (Who are you kidding?)

by bobswern on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 02:07:09 PM PDT

•  Wish I could (1+ / 0-)
        grover

but I've got to go do measurements at Mom-in-law's new place. Sigh...

by Cali Scribe on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 02:33:24 PM PDT

•  Well, Cali, whenever you're free.... (0+ / 0-)

© grover

by grover on Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 02:34:29 PM PDT

•  Of course, if the Kings are playing the Sharks, (1+ / 0-)
            Mr MadAsHell

I can't guarantee I'll be totally gracious. But you aren't expected to be either.

:D