View Diary: Attn: Florida !! Charlie is going to announce his run Nov 4th (226 comments)

•  right back at you (11+ / 0-)

If I am not a fan of infantile behavior from the Right what makes you think I'll be okay with it from the Left?

Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 04:35:51 PM PDT

•  You missed the point (3+ / 0-)
      bobnbob, Victor Ward, DocGonzo

I don't care what you think. There is nothing, nothing, that would get me to vote for Crist. And I promise you I'm not alone.

You want to nominate republicans for democratic positions? Have at it. I am not coming with you.

•  The man is a democrat .. and your logic makes (10+ / 0-)

no sense.  Ronald Reagan was a democrat... When he changed to Republican... he ruled such and became the messiah on the right... Argue that one

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 04:41:52 PM PDT

•  Anyone who has ever been stupid enough (2+ / 0-)
          Victor Ward, DocGonzo

to register republican will never get my vote. You want to spit on those of us who fought against him last time? Fine. Just remember those of us who worked our asses off to keep him out last time aren't going to vote for him this time.

•  I believe Markos was a republican at one point. (12+ / 0-)

Someone can correct me if I wrong about that.

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright" Curt Siodmak

by Wisdumb on Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 06:41:30 PM PDT

•  I believe you are right. (6+ / 0-)

Don't worry... some on here wouldn't vote for Kos.   It is ridiculous... People change their views or their party leaves them but regardless.... I am just not that partisian.. My great grand pa and grandma and grannie and daddy were all yeller dog dems so I won't vote for anybody without a D by their name... The D could be a maddox, or wallace but no matter we are labeling by alaphabet not logic again.
              WE KNOW the guy up there has a big fat TPR by his name.

by Vetwife on Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 06:58:26 PM PDT

lady blair, duhban, julesrules39, Vetwife

I live near Chattahoochee and volunteer at the state mental hospital. What Scott has done to the town and hospital is criminal. He is destroying people's lives. I would be thrilled to kick him out and replace him with Charlie Crist. Crist was not a bad governor especially compared to Bush before him and Scott after him. I will gladly work to get him elected. We also have the opportunity here in Florida 02 to replace the ass Southerland with Gwen Graham. I ask that everyone do everything possible to support her campaign.

by Wisdumb on Sat Oct 26, 2013 at 07:15:46 PM PDT

•  So was Hillary Clinton n/t (1+ / 0-)
              Vetwife

"In Japan, American occupation forces quickly became 50,000 friends. In Iraq, they would quickly become 50,000 terrorist targets. " James Webb, Sep 02

by ParaHammer on Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 02:18:36 AM PDT

•  25 Years Ago (1+ / 0-)
              quince

Yes, Markos was a Republican when he first emigrated to the US, as a teenager, a long time ago.

He was not a lifelong Republican, elected governor as such in his late middle age, with the pary network and sponsors, having committed to so many Republican policies during a long career.

We do not reject voters who switch parties after finally seeing the light. Few of them do so just because they're tired of losing, but even those we don't reject - because they're just voters. Crist was a Republican governor, who personally enacted Republican policies over millions of people. During the depths of the Bush/Cheney era, when he could have switched and showed he had some ethics.

He's switched only because he wants to win. Nothing else has changed.

This diary and its supporters are displaying the most strictly partisan bias possible.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 08:20:58 AM PDT

•  Reagan was a Democrat only before he began his (0+ / 0-)

political career. By the time he actually ran for office, he had been supporting Republican candidates and speaking out against civil rights for decades. Crist and Reagan aren't comparable. If Crist were to support progressive causes for decades and then run for office, you might be able to compare him to Reagan.

•  Dixiecrats Too (0+ / 0-)

How about all the Democrats who switched to Republican rather than stay Democrats and accept the Civil Rights Movement? Did those leopards change their spots? No.

Reagan was an actor who would have played whatever role any party gave him if it came with an elected office - and he did. He wasn't a leopard, he was an actor.

Crist is no actor. He's a Republican. He switched his party because he couldn't win in that party.

You are voting for a Republican, and dissing the Democrats who are insisting on a Democrat.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

by DocGonzo on Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 08:16:52 AM PDT

•  so la la la I can't hear you? (1+ / 0-)
        BelgianBastard