View Diary: My pre-existing conditions pricing me out of Obamacare in California (149 comments)

•  I guess I'm confused. You talk elsewhere (6+ / 0-)

about a "practice" and that you're "a provider". I would think that would mean you are a doctor?

I've been paying $500 per month for my insurance for 6 years now. I'm on disability, and make $22,000 annually. If I was making twice as much money, I'd be in great shape.

I guess we all see things differently.

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:57:14 AM PDT

•  Mental health provider, it sounds like, which (2+ / 0-)
      second gen, tofumagoo

could be a clinical psychologist or a psychiatric nurse practicioner, for a few possibilities.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? . . . and respect the dignity of every human being.

by Wee Mama on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 12:16:08 PM PDT

•  Still trying to figure it out. New (1+ / 0-)
        Wee Mama

Kossack, so not much background.

We just don't usually hear of medical providers speaking of their income in terms of where they are in relation to the FPL, but who knows.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 12:28:39 PM PDT

•  From the diary - (2+ / 0-)
          second gen, nzanne
          I am a mental health provider, and nearly all my clients access their insurance to cover the cost of treatment. In 13 years of private practice, I have not received a raise in reimbursement from the insurance companies.
          Since the author is practicing in California, expenses such as rent and so on will be higher than elsewhere and that will reduce net income. Mental health providers are likely not to see patients for 40 hours a week because of burnout as stated.

by Wee Mama on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 12:42:40 PM PDT

•  Thank you. Missed that part. nt (1+ / 0-)
            Wee Mama

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 01:03:35 PM PDT

•  The good news for her is that (5+ / 0-)

mental health care is now one of the mandatory benefits, which may make it easier for patients to see her and pay her.

Fry, don't be a hero! It's not covered by our health plan!

by elfling on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 02:36:44 PM PDT

•  On that note, isn't it funny? We fought and (1+ / 0-)
          Wee Mama

fought for Mental Health Parity, which was only finally signed into law in 2008. Now it's pretty much a moot point. It's a requirement in all policies. :)

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 04:02:09 PM PDT