View Diary: Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY! (181 comments)

•  I think it was a steady diet of shows like (5+ / 0-)
    foresterbob, NonnyO, Maudlin, drmah, The Marti

Gilligan's Island and Death Valley Days that did it for me. One of my brothers finally had to say to me, "You live on the Gulf Coast. What are your chances of being stuck in the desert, miles from the highway?"
    You and I must be born survivalists.

Meerkat family
    The Meerkats, co-produced by the BBC, follows a tight-knit, long-whiskered family under threat from predators including snakes, eagles and scorpions in the Kalahari desert. The Meerkats is a rite of passage tale narrated by the late Paul Newman and written by Alexander McCall Smith.

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. ---Muhammad Ali

by mjbleo on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 06:30:42 PM PDT

•  Awwwww... I luff meerkats! (3+ / 0-)
      mjbleo, Maudlin, The Marti

Speaking of cuties... Didja see the pix of the baby olinguito a couple of days ago?  Scientists just discovered this new species of olinguito a very few months ago.

Your Cute-Meter will need extra batteries to look at this darling little teddy-bear-looking ball of Cuuuuuuteness!  :-)  [I fell in love instantly, of course.  :-)]

Cute Pictures: Baby Olinguito Found in Colombia

Even the adults are cute!  :-)

Scientists Discover A New Mammal - The Olinguito

by NonnyO on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 07:42:18 PM PDT

•  You shouldn't ask me, NonnyO. I think that *all* (3+ / 0-)
        NonnyO, Maudlin, The Marti

babies are cute.

POTD_sloth_2715795k
        A cute baby sloth cuddles up to its teddy bear at the sloth sanctuary, Costa RicaPicture: Rebecca Cliffe/HotSpot Media

by mjbleo on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 08:19:05 PM PDT

•  Awwwwwwwww..... (3+ / 0-)
          Maudlin, mjbleo, The Marti

~♥~H~e~a~r~t~♥~M~e~l~t~♥~

We could be sisters from different mothers when it comes to how we each feel about baby animals - well, human babies, too - the feeling is identical to falling in love at first sight, be it human or animal babies.

They can all make me smile!

:-)

by NonnyO on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 09:18:25 PM PDT

•  The thing about sloths, in my opinion, is that (4+ / 0-)
            nhox42, Maudlin, NonnyO, The Marti

they are not cute...but they don't seem to know it. And they appear to be smiling and posing...most of the time.

sloth_2181276k
            A sloth has photobombed a holiday picture in the jungle. A team on an International Student Volunteers expedition had gathered in Costa Rica to help cut paths in the woodland. After completing their work, they posed for a photograph, only to be gatecrashed by the inquisitive creature. Manuel Ramirez, 44, anthropologist and tour guide, said: "As I looked through the camera lens I could see something creeping in to the frame. When I realized it was a baby sloth I clicked the button as fast as I could, not that he was going anywhere fast "
            Picture: Caters News Agency

by mjbleo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 at 05:29:24 AM PDT

•  :-) 'Zaktly...! (2+ / 0-)
              mjbleo, The Marti

Not cute..., but also not ugly.  They are what they are, so they smile, smell the flowers along the way, and they're happy and contented to be sloths.  They are endearing little creatures.

They also remind me of some of our greatest comics in the entertainment world.  Remember Phyllis Diller?  Not a beauty..., but not ugly, and her smile was dazzling.  It made her otherwise plain looks beautiful, even under the fright wig.

Robin Williams is another one.  Not handsome..., but not ugly, his entire body sometimes seems like it's made of silly putty with some of his contortions and exaggerated walks, and some of the facial expressions are priceless... and when he's happy and smiling, he becomes handsome.  People often forget he's also a gifted dramatic actor as well as being able to do comedy roles.

The animal kingdom is endlessly fascinating!  :-)

by NonnyO on Sat Nov 02, 2013 at 08:59:02 AM PDT

•  I agree, NonnyO. The great comics and anyone who (2+ / 0-)
                The Marti, NonnyO

can make me smile are handsome and pretty.

...and her smile was dazzling.  It made her otherwise plain looks beautiful, even under the fright wig...
                I think that Lily Tomlin is very pretty too. She has always been able to make me laugh.

Lily Tomlin
                Hollywood star Lily Tomlin reacts as she takes part in the 2011 Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Saturday, March 5, 2011 in Sydney, Australia.(AP Photo/Rob Griffith)

by mjbleo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 at 04:52:35 PM PDT

•  Agree! Lily is Gorgeous! (1+ / 0-)
                  mjbleo

One of my favorite Funny Ladies!  I've followed her since her Laugh-In days.

:-)

• Spam (23)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Education (21)
  • GOP (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Law (17)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site