View Diary: My Adventure with Obamacare: It's in the Mail (62 comments)

•  In all these rants of yours (5+ / 0-)

You never give the specifics of your income, family size, or even your policy details

Considering virtually all the stories we've seen online have been discredited as people not understanding their policy/subsidies...it makes it very hard to believe that you are anything other than confused

•  Frankly (13+ / 0-)

Those details are my business. My private life.
      And they don't change my experience trying to register for healthcare one iota.

There is actually no evidence that anybody has been able to buy a plan through New York State's healthcare marketplace website.

Nobody.

I'm not talking about registering.

Buying.

And I'm not surprised. If you tried it, you'd see it's impossible for any human being to do so.

I'm not going to bother getting into the details of my technical expertise, but suffice it to say I've forgotten more code - and math - and science - than you'll probably ever know.

•  Okay, you're confused (1+ / 0-)
        second gen

Don't really understand how insurance policies and subsidies work, it's okay

If you ever want to learn, just provide your details and I'll slowly explain it to you

Then you'd finally stop embarrassing yourself with these laughable analogies about Chargers and Civics

•  Sure they're private. But if you're going to (0+ / 0-)

come here INCESSANTLY and bitch that something that depends on your income is bad, you have to be able to provide details. Otherwise, it's just bitching without facts.

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 08:16:15 AM PDT

•  Aren't we all about protecting people's private (7+ / 0-)

information?

Ted's given the salient facts, of his actual experience trying to sign up for health insurance.

If Ted were to reveal all the details of his personal finances and situation, the squad of flying monkeys that come here to harass him would just pore over them, poking for holes. The only way those exact numbers would be relevant is, if you're determined to prove Ted's lying about the whole thing.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 09:27:55 AM PDT

•  what does MB say? arrow! zing! bullseye!... (3+ / 0-)
            Brecht, Johnny Q, ek hornbeck
            if you're determined to prove Ted's lying about the whole thing.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ~George Orwell "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." ~Charles Beard

by poligirl on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:01:21 AM PDT

•  Yes. Just like this lady: (1+ / 0-)
            citizenx

Obamacare hysteria: Don't believe the canceled insurance hype

And that's what Ted's afraid of. That we'll poke holes in a story with huge holes in it. Why is he any different than the rest of the teabaggers who are making false claims?

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:01:42 AM PDT

•  2 slam-dunk reasons spring to mind; (5+ / 0-)
              poligirl, triv33, DeadHead, Johnny Q, TheMomCat

beyond which, there's more nuance to Ted's worldview and personality than I see, and than you seem interested in looking for.

1) Ted has a long history of opinions, which point in many directions, but skew far more to the left than the right.

2) Teabaggers are mostly stuck in their own bubble, and adamantly refuse to think outside it. Ted has come to a Democratic website to share his views, and has been engaging a lot of dialog which, while often snarky and sometimes rude, shows that he's been listening and learning since the day he got here.

I don't think you'll see it that way, but I don't think you're sincerely looking either. In Ted's diaries, he's shown much more active, responsive intelligence than you have.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:22:08 AM PDT

•  "I know you are, but what am I." (0+ / 0-)

Pretty much sums up your responses.

He's come to Daily Kos to tell his story. He wants sympathy for his story without giving all the facts. People, at first, were trying to help him figure out what his best options were for healthcare. Instead of taking the help, he just wanted to yell "OBAMA!! BAD!" so, his motives are clear. He doesn't really care if he gets affordable insurance or not, he's just here to carry some water.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:26:51 AM PDT

•  Maybe you're eliciting that type of response (4+ / 0-)
                  Johnny Q, Brecht, ek hornbeck, TheMomCat

from people, because I'm inclined to make a similar one, in response to this part of your comment:

He doesn't really care if he gets affordable insurance or not, he"s just here to carry some water.
                  And you don't really care whether his story is legitimate or not, you're just here to carry water for the administration and shield the ACA from criticism.

Ted Rall doesn't strike me as being someone in the market for sympathy. Even if he was, I'd understand why he'd decline to seek it from an army of partisan zealots ready to call "troll" first and ask questions later.

by DeadHead on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 01:17:36 PM PDT

•  Thanks for showing up, as usual, DeadHead! (0+ / 0-)

Have a great day

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 01:35:49 PM PDT

•  My pleasure. (2+ / 0-)
                      ek hornbeck, TheMomCat

I very much enjoy showing up "as usual" to diaries on the recent list.

Especially ones like this, where the usual "Leave Obama Alone!" Squad is guaranteed to have already arrived before me, or will shortly thereafter.

by DeadHead on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 02:24:38 PM PDT

•  OPB here in Oregon is reporting today that (9+ / 0-)

Cover Oregon, the agency and website that you must enroll through here, has yet to process a single application.  Either online, which as of today is still not fully functional, or via the mail.

They have 7300 paper applications that they are trying to process by hand.

Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be the pains that are withheld for me I realize and I can see...

by Keith930 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 06:39:27 AM PDT

•  "Virtually all"? You need to expand your sources. (1+ / 0-)
      poligirl