View Diary: My Adventure with Obamacare: It's in the Mail (62 comments)

•  Yes. Just like this lady: (1+ / 0-)
    citizenx

Obamacare hysteria: Don't believe the canceled insurance hype

And that's what Ted's afraid of. That we'll poke holes in a story with huge holes in it. Why is he any different than the rest of the teabaggers who are making false claims?

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:01:42 AM PDT

•  2 slam-dunk reasons spring to mind; (5+ / 0-)
      poligirl, triv33, DeadHead, Johnny Q, TheMomCat

beyond which, there's more nuance to Ted's worldview and personality than I see, and than you seem interested in looking for.

1) Ted has a long history of opinions, which point in many directions, but skew far more to the left than the right.

2) Teabaggers are mostly stuck in their own bubble, and adamantly refuse to think outside it. Ted has come to a Democratic website to share his views, and has been engaging a lot of dialog which, while often snarky and sometimes rude, shows that he's been listening and learning since the day he got here.

I don't think you'll see it that way, but I don't think you're sincerely looking either. In Ted's diaries, he's shown much more active, responsive intelligence than you have.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:22:08 AM PDT

•  "I know you are, but what am I." (0+ / 0-)

Pretty much sums up your responses.

He's come to Daily Kos to tell his story. He wants sympathy for his story without giving all the facts. People, at first, were trying to help him figure out what his best options were for healthcare. Instead of taking the help, he just wanted to yell "OBAMA!! BAD!" so, his motives are clear. He doesn't really care if he gets affordable insurance or not, he's just here to carry some water.

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 11:26:51 AM PDT

•  Maybe you're eliciting that type of response (4+ / 0-)
          Johnny Q, Brecht, ek hornbeck, TheMomCat

from people, because I'm inclined to make a similar one, in response to this part of your comment:

He doesn't really care if he gets affordable insurance or not, he"s just here to carry some water.
          And you don't really care whether his story is legitimate or not, you're just here to carry water for the administration and shield the ACA from criticism.

Ted Rall doesn't strike me as being someone in the market for sympathy. Even if he was, I'd understand why he'd decline to seek it from an army of partisan zealots ready to call "troll" first and ask questions later.

by DeadHead on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 01:17:36 PM PDT

•  Thanks for showing up, as usual, DeadHead! (0+ / 0-)

Have a great day

by second gen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 01:35:49 PM PDT

•  My pleasure. (2+ / 0-)
              ek hornbeck, TheMomCat

I very much enjoy showing up "as usual" to diaries on the recent list.

Especially ones like this, where the usual "Leave Obama Alone!" Squad is guaranteed to have already arrived before me, or will shortly thereafter.

by DeadHead on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 02:24:38 PM PDT