Skip to main content

View Diary: WYFP - fading fall colors (109 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  If you're in HUD housing, check again (9+ / 0-)

    I've had to wrestle about the interpretation of 'income' in HUD housing several times.  For HUD purposes, 'income' (1) has to be 'regular' and has to (2) represent a regular increase of at least $200/month.

    'Sporadic' or 'Gift' money does not count as 'regular' income under HUD definitions -- so somebody sending four bucks, once, for medicine would not 'count as income'.

    If your housing subsidy is under something other than HUD regulations, then this comment means nothing.  But if you are under HUD regulations, then the information you need is in HUD Handbook 4350.3 (easiest way to find it is Google -- the HUD/gov site is a maze).

    And if you are in HUD housing, then you are one of of the standard HUD leases (Appendix 4, iirc).  And the lease itself will specify the conditions under which you are required to report changes in income or family composition.

    If I can look into the Handbook for you, let me know.  I've got a copy saved out.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site