View Diary: Winning the shutdown battle wasn't enough. Democrats must stand united to win the budget fight (109 comments)

•  Well, there's this quote, too (3+ / 0-)

That appeared just after the one you reproduced above:

Daily Kos will be what Daily Kos is, and that oftentimes evolves. I know everyone wants their clearly defined rules, but nothing is that simple. [...]
    From your same link.

by DeadHead on Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 03:02:58 PM PST

•  and then this one from 2 days ago (1+ / 0-)
      Ian Reifowitz
      Not tough (18+ / 0-)
      this is a Democratic site. That's my party, and that's what I'll work with.

You want third party shit, I'm sure there are other places for that.

by kos on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 04:54:12 PM EST

[ Parent | Reply to This ]

•  And, of course, this one... (0+ / 0-)
        Honestly

I don't understand why it's hard to ignore someone you don't like.

by kos on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 01:02:34 PM PST

by DeadHead on Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 06:29:28 PM PST

•  ??? (0+ / 0-)

how's that relevant to third parties on DailyKOS? Are you saying you don't like me? LOL

•  And how are third parties on DailyKos (0+ / 0-)

relevant to whether or not this is a liberal site or not? That's what the conversation was originally about in this thread.

My quote was to illustrate that Markos seems more tolerate of dissenting views, at least nowadays, and as far as I've personally seen, than some of the above "partisan democratic site only" previous quotes of his mentioned above would imply.

It was not in any way directed towards you personally.

by DeadHead on Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 08:38:30 PM PST

•  third parties? (1+ / 0-)
              Larsstephens

You'd have to ask RobertSF who sort of brought it into the discussion towards the top of this thread.

No doubt, he's very tolerant of dissenting views. However, just two days ago (which I guess would count as "nowadays") he was pretty clear. There doesn't appear to be much wiggle room in this comment:
              Not tough (18+ / 0-)
              this is a Democratic site. That's my party, and that's what I'll work with.

You want third party shit, I'm sure there are other places for that.

by kos on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 04:54:12 PM EST

[ Parent | Reply to This ]

•  I'm not seeing... (0+ / 0-)

any "sort of brought [third parties] into the discussion" in this comment:

I thought this was a liberal site.

Are you saying it's actually a partisan site, a site that requires loyalty to the Democratic Party itself?

If that's actually the case, then I'll stop visiting. I'm not here to antagonize anyone, but I see the Democratic Party not as the solution but as part of the problem.

by RobertSF on Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 02:27:08 PM PST

I think that's you doing precisely what you just got done telling me I supposedly did to MrAnon.

by DeadHead on Sun Nov 10, 2013 at 11:47:40 PM PST

•  No, next comment (1+ / 0-)
                  Larsstephens

where he bemoans the two party system:

I think there's such an ingrained two-party mentality that many people can't understand that some people oppose Obama not because they are rightwingers but because Obama is not liberal enough.
                  •  Still not seeing it. (0+ / 0-)

Bemoaning the two existing parties isn't the same as suggesting a third one.

You're reading too much into it.

by DeadHead on Mon Nov 11, 2013 at 10:38:23 PM PST