View Diary: Is posting cached links to unpublished/deleted diaries acceptable behavior at Daily Kos? (292 comments)

•  Your concern is noted. I'm not really worried (3+ / 0-)
    angel d, DeadHead, Dianna

about the content of the diary itself, in any way.  I'm calling attention to the behavior, to the action of linking cached copies of unpublished/deleted diaries and posting them in unrelated threads.

Do you have an opinion on that specific action?  Do you approve?  I'm just curious.

As to myself, I can't imagine ever doing something like that.

•  If I ever find a cached copy of an unpublished (1+ / 0-)
      mskitty

diary, I will know that the NSA has managed to hack into the DKos servers and wants everybody to know about it.

What about "Now, of course, it's very much fair game." doesn't sound like an opinion to you?

At least half the future I've been expecting hasn't gotten here yet. Sigh.... (Yes, there's gender bias in my name; no, I wasn't thinking about it when I signed up. My apologies.)

by serendipityisabitch on Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 04:04:02 PM PST

•  Is it okay to post cached links of unpublished or (0+ / 0-)

deleted diaries to unrelated comments threads, without even elucidating on why it was done?

I'm just trying to get you to answer that simple question, if you would.

•  hard to deal in hypotheticals (0+ / 0-)

People post links all the time without much comment that they think are self-explanatory.

•  I did. Twice. I think it was no big deal, (1+ / 0-)
          Hey338Too

as it was done, and still wouldn't be, except that you're sure trying your best to make it one. Is that a simple enough restatement of what I originally said?

by serendipityisabitch on Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 04:15:44 PM PST

•  Okay, so you've done it twice, posted links (0+ / 0-)

to cached copies of unpublished or deleted diaries in unrelated comment threads and you think that's okay... And by they way, it's so cool, no big deal, that why would anybody make something of it?  Right?

Again, just checking...

•  Okay. Let me reply quite precisely to your (5+ / 0-)

comment. I posted cached links to two of your deleted diaries, here, in a diary to which they were relevant. You never disputed the relevance, and never replied to my comment. I believe you categorized my posting as "creepy" farther down the thread, to DeadHead.

Both diaries had been up on Daily Kos for some time before they had been deleted, both included spirited debate about their topics, and both were on point to my comment.

This diary is about something very different, or it supposedly was. Since you specifically brought up my comment as a related example to the one you're trying to make a big deal of here, with the implication that my comment was also unethical and contrary to the rules of DKos, I feel free to state my full, not so civil opinion of this diary and your subsequent comments. This is bullshit.

by serendipityisabitch on Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 06:14:25 PM PST

•  Okay, so the bullshit aside, do you think it is (0+ / 0-)

kosher, acceptable, just dandy, to link cached copies of deleted/unpublished diaries in totally unrelated comment threads?

Also, as I've asked you so many times before, why do you have so much interest in my diaries?  I know the thing about "we can visit any diary we want and post as many antagonistic posts we want and this is an ope forum," and all that.

Again, it's just commons sense to me... I would never visit or comment in your diaries, but you keep showing up in mine posting what I consider to be maligning posts, trying to attack my character.  Why the interest?

If you don't like my style, why not move on to other diaries?

•  Ah, but you have visited and commented in at (8+ / 0-)

least one of my diaries. How many others you have visited, I cannot, of course, say for certain. On a much higher level, percentage-wise of course, than I have been in yours.

You fascinate me. You write at a level of internal paradox which is substantially higher than any other diarist I have found here, your level of definitional variance to the common norm is incredible, and your ability to misconstrue common phrases is, well, startling.

More to the point, some incredibly lucid and coherent replies are made about the topics you choose to discuss. That they are generally in disagreement with your perspective is an interesting phenomena. I believe I have learned more things about more varied topics just reading the commentary in your diaries than I have in any other venue on Daily Kos. How could I not be interested?

by serendipityisabitch on Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 09:09:24 PM PST

•  This comment it awesome! (1+ / 0-)
                    serendipityisabitch

It should be cashed on all servers everywhere!

Looking through the bent backed tulips, To see how the other half lives, Looking through a glass onion - John Lennon and Paul McCartney

by Hey338Too on Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 09:36:01 PM PST

•  Interesting. Finally, I visited your profile out (0+ / 0-)

of curiosity and I see you've been here since 2008, but the metrics are kind of weird.  I'm starting to understand a few things now.

One of them is that as I've been advised by a few people before, I don't think is worth it for me to engage in discussions with you.

You say I fascinate you, and that may explain the obsession.  I'll leave it at that from now on; that's the explanation.

•  Uh, Ray (3+ / 0-)

Just what are you trying to imply with this?

* [new]  Interesting. Finally, I visited your profile out (0+ / 0-)

What metrics are weird?, I'm sure we'd all like to know.

What exactly are you starting to understand?

Ron Reagan: "Sarah Palin's constituency are people who wear red rubber noses and bells on their shoes."

by AnnetteK on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 04:17:03 AM PST

•  Oh, the intrigue! It's truly pathetic. In other (0+ / 0-)

words, "Please give 'us' something to go on..."

•  This is just Ray being Ray, I think. (3+ / 0-)
                        AnnetteK, Hey338Too, HudsonValleyMark

I tend to get this kind of ham-handed innuendo from him whenever he doesn't seem to have a coherent argument to make and has run out of other diversions. It's safer than insult, in any case (which blows my previous theory that he doesn't really understand what an insult is).

Let it go, let it pass... There will be new marvels to be seen in the next diary which will far outshine any mere quibbles which may be raised in this one.

by serendipityisabitch on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 12:36:31 PM PST

•  Just to be clear, dear Ray, I had ANSWERED you (1+ / 0-)
              Wee Mama

twice already. Nobody but you, in the midst of losing an argument and trying to turn the subject to something more comfortable, would have made that interpretation. I stand by my original answer here, but wanted to correct this minor misinterpretation.

by serendipityisabitch on Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 12:21:48 PM PST

•  Which was it? (0+ / 0-)

Unpublished or deleted links?  You said it only happened twice, so that should be easy to answer.

•  It's absolutely fair game (3+ / 0-)

if it can be used to make a valid point in a dispute.

The action itself is neither good nor bad.  It can be either depending on the circumstances.

What you are asking if it is acceptable if the diarist doesn't like it.

Unfortunately, not only does the fact that the "internet never forgets" rule, but the fact that you believe anyone should be able to erase any part of their own past is laughable.

Should Ron Paul have been able to 'delete' his publications?  Apparently his son wants to 'delete' his book right about now.

Now you may not like it, but unfortunately the world is not organized to your liking.

Now a link to an unpublished diary is a matter of site management.  They should be able to make sure that unpublished diaries are not crawled.  If they are, then you need to take that up with them, because I do agree that those should be private until you choose to publish.

Do you have evidence of that?