View Diary: Syria: Personal - Vaccinations for adults, especially polio, any input? (20 comments)

•  medical Qs more properly directed to/MDs. (1+ / 0-)
    InAntalya

it tebble, it hobble; honey lu been shot. - harvey kurtzman

by renzo capetti on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 11:39:53 AM PST

•  I've done that. (1+ / 0-)
      renzo capetti

They are ready to do the vaccinations but I know nothing about vaccinations for adults and would like to learn a little more first.

Lamb chop, we can quibble what to call it, but I think we can both agree it's creepy.

by InAntalya on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 11:45:46 AM PST

•  what? so, ask them! you're/allowed;should.. (1+ / 0-)
        InAntalya

it tebble, it hobble; honey lu been shot. - harvey kurtzman

by renzo capetti on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 11:48:47 AM PST

•  Why such hostility? Come on. (2+ / 0-)
          InAntalya, sturunner
        •  Again, I have talked to doctors about this (2+ / 0-)
          renzo capetti, poco

and I want to learn more before I have the shots.

The doctors are happy to give the shots and urge me to do so but I believe that I should know more, not only for myself but also because others here in Turkey have asked me and will ask me what I think about this.

I would like to know if anyone here has had any experience with this.

by InAntalya on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 11:55:25 AM PST

•  um, duckduckgo.com alternative to google (1+ / 0-)
            InAntalya

only usually hurts for a minute. Some shots cause sore arm for a few days. Are there greater risks to adults than children getting immunized? I don't know.
            Odds are way in your favor to have no ill effects. I'm not being mean at all. Be well, don't fret.

I prefer terse.
            I do sometimes probe with some edge to the dialogue.

we been around here awhile. not strangers. be soothed. it'll be ok.

it tebble, it hobble; honey lu been shot. - harvey kurtzman

by renzo capetti on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 12:07:32 PM PST

•  I know we are not strangers. (2+ / 0-)
              renzo capetti, sturunner

We have exchanged comments in the past and I only wanted to clarify my objective in my replies to your comments.

And terse is OK for me too.

As to fretting, I am trying to collect more information because I am sure that quite a few people who I know are going to ask me what I think about this because the subject is coming up more and more these days here, and I don't want to brush them off by just saying 'I don't know'.

by InAntalya on Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 12:17:41 PM PST