View Diary: Healthcare.gov is working great! (170 comments)

•  It still tells me I have an eligibility message (0+ / 0-)

(in fact, it tells me that twice,) but doesn't give me any way to retrieve the message.

I was up all night trying to think of another word for synonym.

by jazzmaniac on Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 06:17:30 PM PST

•  Don't know about messages, but (1+ / 0-)
      jazzmaniac

The eligibility info was a stumbling block for me, as well.  "View eligibility results" threw up a blank page.  After weeks of bumbling around, I said to hell with it, and clicked on "enroll" - where it showed me what my subsidy would be.  Arrggghhh!

Now, it's jumping right past the page(s) where some info is specified, into the plans - for myself only.  My wife magically disappeared.  So I'm waiting on a call back.

I am become Man, the destroyer of worlds

by tle on Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 06:51:33 PM PST

•  I had that issue too. (4+ / 0-)

And the live chat person was no help.

It was actually a kossack that helped me with that.

When it tells you you have a notification, there should be an option just below that to view your application.  Even if it still says it's "in progress", click on that.  It'll take you to the page where you can download your eligibility info.

•  For some of us early appliers, this (2+ / 0-)
        jdld, Alice Olson

was the infinite loop. Only cure was to do a new app with new email and user name. When I did this I got further (could finally review my eligibility info), but then got stuck again. Luckily the phone rep could work with this new app and we were able to get me enrolled.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

by CoyoteMarti on Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 09:15:48 PM PST

•  Thanks The Dude 415, that worked, (0+ / 0-)

up to a point.  The eligibility page loads blank.  I finally gave up on the federal site weeks ago and simply applied for Medicaid through my state's Medicaid enrollment site, since I believe I will qualify under the ACA's expanded eligibility (which fortunately my Democratically controlled state is accepting.)
        My concern was that I needed some sort of application or confirmation number from the federal site before I could do so.  None of the phone reps I spoke to could answer that question for me.
        A week or so ago I called the phone number on the state's site and a very pleasant woman told me that if I had received an application number from the state (I had) that my application was in process, and it would be 45 days or so before I received a decision.
        I said "Well, that will take me a week into December.  I'm not going to be enrolled in Medicaid by January 1st, am I?"
        She said "Probably not, but once you are approved it will be applied retroactively to January 1st.

I was up all night trying to think of another word for synonym.

by jazzmaniac on Sun Nov 17, 2013 at 10:52:23 AM PST

•  Ignore the "eligibility message" notification. I (0+ / 0-)

kept getting that as well and finally called the marketplace to ask about it. It is supposed to be an email sent to you to confirm eligibility. I never received it but that didn't stop me from proceeding with selecting a plan and eventually buying a policy. I was one of the lucky (persistent) people who set up an account late in the first week of October. I just kept plugging away, had to scrap one set up and start again from scratch setting up a new account before I finally got through. But am absolutely thrilled with my new policy and the savings. I was definitely one of the initial 26,000 to buy a plan on the fed site and have already paid my first premium. Have had several letters and a call from the new insurer and my ID card and package are due early December. But I have aready set up eBills for the premium and set up an account for my info on the insurer's website. I even downloaded their app.

For Christina's America

by DWKING on Sun Nov 17, 2013 at 08:23:47 AM PST

•  How did you pay the first premium? (0+ / 0-)

My daughter signed up in California and it isn't clear to her what the next step is for paying the premium. Maybe it's more straightforward on the federal website.

I looked up some information and one site says you have to contact the insurance company and then an NPR Q&A says:

If you decide to buy one of those plans, in most cases, you will be directed to the insurer's Web site to make the payment. Some plans or insurance companies may require a phone call to set up payment. In some jurisdictions, consumers will make their first premium payment to the exchange and then further monthly payments to the insurer.
        This seems way too confusing (I wonder if people will miss the Dec 15 deadline for enrollment and premium payment for coverage to be effective Jan 1) because normally you would expect your enrollment info to be transferred to the insurer and a premium notice generated.
        •  I bought on the Fed exchange and about ten days (0+ / 0-)

after I applied and bought the plan, I received a letter/bill from the insurance company. I live in a red state and we had only two companies offering plans. So it might take longer in other states. But if I hadn't heard from the insurer after two weeks, I would have contacted them directly to make sure they had at least received my application. Fortunately, I didn't need to do that. But if you do not get a premium notice wthin a week to ten days, then I would advise calling the insurer just to verify the application was received and that you will be receiving a bill.I got the bill in Oct and paid it immediately. But it wasn't due until December.

For Christina's America

by DWKING on Sun Nov 17, 2013 at 10:35:15 AM PST

•  You should probably start over (0+ / 0-)

with a new account. I got one of those "eligibility messages"...I was eventually able to download it, even, though I had to sign in using internet explorer before I could. It was in the form of the letter that was kinda screwed up, telling me I may be eligible for Medicaid but that it was unavailable in my state (Florida) and therefore I was eligible to purchase a plan on the exchange. In fact I'm not eligible for a subsidy because my income added to my husband's is above 400%FPL. I was hoping I might be eligible for the catastrophic plan which would at least allow me to pay a lower premium, but there's a high deductible (same as catastrophic) POS "Bronze" plan available which is almost exactly 8.5% of our income (i.e., "affordable"), meaning I'm not eligible for a lower-cost catastrophic plan.

"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." --I.F. Stone

by Alice in Florida on Sun Nov 17, 2013 at 03:02:21 PM PST