View Diary: Cartoon: CIA Claims Ownership of Intellectual Property: Memories of Torture Victims (41 comments)

•  I agree you have a right, I never questioned (0+ / 0-)

that, which is why I didn't mention it specifically. Of course, everyone does.

What I do question is how effective it is to make the same point over and over again, ad nauseum, or to show up in every diary of a person you know you are going to dislike. I'm not going "ballistic", by the way - that is a gross exaggeration, but I just find reading the same arguments repeatedly counter-productive. I'm interested in a variety of viewpoints, not the same ones over and over. Personally, I  think that working to elect better Democrats, or doing just about anything is a better use of time than railing against Rall.

He is not answering, I suppose, because he's not around? Speaking of which, I have better things to do right now, too. Cheerio.

PS: I recc'd you even though we do not agree. I believe in civil discourse and that it's possible - even here. You were the one starting to lose your temper...I was not.

„Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.“ - Bertolt Brecht

by translatorpro on Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 08:47:19 AM PST

•  The only thing I find irritating (0+ / 0-)

is your presumption to tell me what my emotional state is. You've no cause to think you know me that well.

If our time is to be spent electing better Democrats, part of that task is pushing back against people pushing false anti-Democratic memes, wouldn't you say?

Oh wait, you wouldn't, apparently.

"Much of movement conservatism is a con and the base is the marks." -- Chris Hayes

by raptavio on Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 09:08:26 AM PST

•  Something is wrong with this picture: (0+ / 0-)
        You're the one going ballistic over that, not me..."
        by raptavio on Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 04:23:19 PM CET
        The only thing I find irritating (0+ / 0-)
        is your presumption to tell me what my emotional state is ...
        by raptavio on Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 06:08:26 PM CET
        Really? Good way to make yourself look a little silly. On top of taking cartoons very, very seriously... threatening our proud, leftist Democratic values, no doubt...

by translatorpro on Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 07:09:53 PM PST

•  I spoke of your actions. (0+ / 0-)

You spoke of my emotions.

There's a big difference.

But nuance doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Nor does detail, like Rall doubling and trebling down explicitly on what he was trying to communicate, despite your risible efforts to say there's nothing to see here, move along.

Your throne-sniffing of a mediocre cartoonist is admirable, but I've nothing more to say to you.
          End of line.