View Diary: Pastor Apologizes to Costco, Praises Them for Their Good Works (235 comments)

•  Yes he has. (0+ / 0-)

He has said so to me on the telephone. Caleb has said it to me. Are you calling me a liar too?

•  Defensive much? (0+ / 0-)

Unless and until he says it publicly, your claim is presumed false. Whether that makes you a liar or someone who could have misinterpreted what was communicated or someone who was lied to by Caleb or someone who was told the truth by Caleb but he doesn't want to tangle with FOX -- doesn't matter. If he cannot publicly deny what FOX claims he said, then all we have is your hearsay.

"Much of movement conservatism is a con and the base is the marks." -- Chris Hayes

by raptavio on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 08:57:34 AM PST

•  OK. You're a troll. (0+ / 0-)

Every thread needs one.

•  I've been here a lot longer than you (0+ / 0-)

and only one of us is engaged in histrionic defensiveness and insults. So who's the troll?

All I'm doing is refusing to take your word for it.

by raptavio on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:14:39 AM PST

•  You should chill out (0+ / 0-)

I agree with your logical point though.  Nobody knows you're a dog on the internet, right?

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:02:13 AM PST

•  Excuse me? (0+ / 0-)

I'm not the one screaming about being called a liar, nor am I calling anybody a troll.

But yes, that's my point.

by raptavio on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:15:33 AM PST

•  You're an idiot, not a troll (0+ / 0-)

I'm defending you.  Be glad.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:20:19 AM PST

•  Wow. (0+ / 0-)

OK. How long you've been on Kos has nothing to do with your credibility. I actually use my real name, and it's Googlable.

That said, I called you a troll because you're pressing a non-issue. Caleb hasn't come out and publicly accused that Fox guy of making shit up because he has no interest in doing so. What he was more concerned to do was to take responsibility for what was his to own, and to try to set things on a better path, which he did.

I'll refrain from calling you a troll. You keep pressing this all you want. It's your prerogative. I'm just not sure what constructive purpose it's serving.

•  Watch this video (0+ / 0-)

Yeah, he's really out to get Costco isn't he.

smh

•  Well (0+ / 0-)

I read the article.  It was trash, of course.  I don't want to watch the video though.  The article was already painful enough.  Toxic shit.

I sure hope he regrets going on to FOX news  Has he commented on what a terrible mistake it was yet?

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:08:48 AM PST

•  The video (1+ / 0-)
            yet another liberal

is actually much less toxic than that article. His interviewer was a fairly innocuous lady, who didn't seem to be pushing for the Fox agenda like that Fox op ed did. And Caleb just presented all different sides of the thing without making any judgment. He even distinguished himself from "ultra fundy Christians" who want to boycott Costco, and said that most certainly wasn't him. It's a decent interview, as much as I share your disdain for all things Fox.

•  So... (0+ / 0-)

he reached out to FOX News:

I received a phone call from Caleb Kaltenbach, the pastor of Discovery Church in Simi Valley, Calif. He was shopping at Costco last Friday when he discovered all the Bibles were labeled as fiction.
          ... what exactly did he think would happen when he called them with this gem?

by raptavio on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:17:59 AM PST

• Environment (23)
  • Labor (23)
  • Republicans (22)
  • Politics (22)
  • Police Brutality (19)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site